Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CEOofApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Hi, I recently found out that you could use Windows on a Mac using Bootcamp. Me, being a serious gamer decided to try it out. i have the Win. 8 disc and I also have the drivers on my flash drive {4gb}. Using bootcamp, I made a partition and restarted. Everything was fine until I clicked on 'Install Now.' An error popped up saying the following:

"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be DVD, USB, or Hard Disk driver...."

Then it says to insert the flash drive for the drivers, so I do, and I see it when I'm browsing for drivers, but for every singe driver, it is not compatible with Windows 8. There were 10 drivers that were, and if I tried to install it just says that I need to update the driver. Is there a way to bypass this?

Please help!

Thank you for taking your time to help me,

CEOofApple

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
A couple of basic questions first.
What kind of Mac are using?
What process did you use, i.e., traditional bootcamp install process?
What media type is the Windows installation, DVD or ISO or USB?

CEOofApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Basic Info

My Mac:

Macbook Pro 13.3'' Non-Retina, Mid-2012
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Yosemite 10.10

Process:

I downloaded WindowsSupport software using Bootcamp, and then it asked me to put the installation media in, so I did. From there it asked me to partition and reboot. You know the rest.

Windows Installation:

DVD

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.