Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just a couple days after releasing the fifth and sixth iPhone 6 ads starring Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake, Apple has released a seventh called "Voice Text". The new ad focuses on one of the new features introduced to iMessage in iOS 8, the ability to instantly send audio messages quickly and easily.

The ad humorously highlights how voice messages can be used to better communication with friends, with examples pointing out how voice messages are good for sarcastic comments, singing and saying hard-to-spell words instead of typing them.

Apple, so far, has released two new iPhone 6 ads at a time, releasing "Duo" and "Health" during the iPhone 6 event in September, "Huge" and "Cameras" in late September and "Reservations" and "Gamers" a couple days ago. "Voice Text" marks the first time Apple has released an iPhone 6 ad by itself.

Article Link: Apple Releases New iPhone 6 Ad: 'Voice Text'

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
The 6+ always looks tempting in these ads

Last edited:

johncanadian

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
Awesome Ad

Those guys are so funny! I wonder how many more commercials they will do. Hope it is a legacy like the Mac vs. PC ones!
BTW the iPhone 6 looks like the size of the 5s in the ad. And the 6 Plus looks like a slightly bigger 6.

Shadow Runner

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
WOW, that is a must have feature in any phone. I'm going to go buy 14 iPhone 6's just because of this incredibly useful feature. I'm so glad Apple made me aware of this.

If only there was some kind of way to communicate with people using our voices, in a conversation of sorts, using these devices.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
WOW, that is a must have feature in any phone. I'm going to go buy 14 iPhone 6's just because of this incredibly useful feature. I'm so glad Apple made me aware of this.

If only there was some kind of way to communicate with people using our voices, in a conversation of sorts, using these devices.

Missing the point here, it is integrated seamlessly into iMessage, in the Messages app, quick voice clips you can just send, very nifty and neat, not a gigantic must must have feature, but it is nice

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
I really don’t buy these adverts. They are using a lot of star power for almost zero recognition. Neither of them have particularly identifiable voices and I’m still unsure which user is Fallon and which is Timberlake.

The performances are weird too, like they aren’t natural English speakers. I’d have thought a musician or comedian at the level that these two are at would be able to deliver a line convincingly.

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009

This is actually something I'd wanted for a while, and I was happy to see it in iOS 8 on my iPhone 5. Calling can be a pain sometimes, and when you're driving, being able to talk and not text is very preferable. I use it with some frequency. Plus it doesn't break the flow of texting someone.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Loving these commercials way more than those of the 5S, which were crap quite frankly. Fallon and Timberlake are much better advertisers than some Gigantically terrible band singing while showing images/scenes of people using the iPhone in ways only a niche does.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL

There is a benefit to the asynchronisity of this sort of communication that traditional telephone calls don't have. They do not require the other party's undivided attention and immediate response.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
I really don’t buy these adverts. They are using a lot of star power for almost zero recognition. Neither of them have particularly identifiable voices and I’m still unsure which user is Fallon and which is Timberlake.

The performances are weird too, like they aren’t natural English speakers. I’d have thought a musician or comedian at the level that these two are at would be able to deliver a line convincingly.

Seriously?

----------

There is a benefit to the asynchronisity of this sort of communication that traditional telephone calls don't have. They do not require the other party's undivided attention and immediate response.

Downside is they have to hear it, which is the main benefit of texting. It's silent and doesn't interfere with meetings, church, etc.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012

Hahaha and Hahaha

That what your signature says all along.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013

They do not need to demonstrate a "must have" "killer" feature to sell the iPhone. It is selling because the people want it. The point of these is to show the new additions to iOS in iOS8, the last few ads have covered that.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.

That's the problem. They aren't trying to approach the ad with "Hey look who we starred in our commercial" but more about the content and features of the iPhone. Because at the end of the day, who cares if it's Timberlake or Dr. Dre? As long as the ad does the job!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.