Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thaenor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2014
Hey!

I updated my mac to "Yosy" (we're call it Yosy from now on). Made it a clean install, meaning I got rid of everything on my mac.

On the mac app store I lost all history of my purchases... all of them were "free" purchases except for pages,keynote and garage band... But aren't those supposed to be free? I think :apple: made them free when they launched Mavericks... so... is there a way to get the purchase history back?

The iTunes app store is the fine, but on the mac app store I can't seem to retrieve

so... um... yeah?... help...huh... please?

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I'm assuming you successfully signed into the MAS. If the apps are no longer available (i.e. you can't find them when searching the store), you're out of luck; unless you have back up copies elsewhere.

Just because an app was previously available (free or paid), doesn't mean it will always be available. Always back up!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Well you performed a clean install of Yosemite (we'll call it Yosemite from now on ;) ) so that means you're by default not signed into the MAS. First make sure you're signed into the MAS with the same account.

Failing that you can contact apple support on this, if you feel your prior purchases are not showing up.

If an app that you purchased is no longer in the MAS, then you're out of luck as mentioned.

Maybe its too late, but its always best to have a full backup before doing any OS upgrade, especially a fresh install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.