Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today debuted a new ad for the iPad Air 2 named "Change" which showcases the new tablet being used in a wide variety of professions and situations. The ad shows the tablet being used by artists, motorcycle enthusiasts, photographers, and schoolteachers as its full-screen visuals shrink to resemble the form of the device itself.

Apple has also posted a new "Change" section on its website, spotlighting the apps used inside of the ad such as illustration app Tayasui Sketches, cinematography app iStopMotion Plus, automotive app OBD Fusion, and AutoCAD 360. The ad is also backed by the song "Who Needs You", which is performed by American rock band The Orwells.

The new "Change" ad campaign for the iPad Air 2 follows Apple's "Your Verse" campaign for the original iPad Air, which debuted last January and showed the specific use in the iPad in a number of dedicated fields. Those stories noted the iPad's use in mountaineering, sports, choreography, oceanography, travel, musical composition, and more.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New iPad Air 2 TV Ad 'Change' with New Website Section

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Good to see adverts that instead of saying "Hey look at how rubbish our competitor's products are" they say "look at how good our products are"

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Looks like Apple hired people to make an artsy video then payed thousands to millions to have it air on TV.

Honestly doesn't feel like a compelling commercial. But good products sell themselves I suppose.

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
For me the iPad is more useful using in bed or on the couch while watching tv. The iPhone 6 plus is more useful in the field and more activity based things.

hleewell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
For me the iPad is more useful using in bed or on the couch while watching tv. The iPhone 6 plus is more useful in the field and more activity based things.

I do agree iPhone 6 is easier to handle but the iPad has larger screen which is great for those tasks that require more details in the visuals, like the engineer who is looking at that complex schematic in the ads. That will be difficult to achieve with the relatively tiny screen of iPhone 6.

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
I read the title wrong and thought Apple debuted a new Apple TV. Oh well, one of these years. I have to keep dreaming.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.