Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

73b

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
East Coast
Looks like Apple hired people to make an artsy video then payed thousands to millions to have it air on TV.

Honestly doesn't feel like a compelling commercial. But good products sell themselves I suppose.

Most commercials aren't trying to get you to buy the product right away. They just want you to be aware that there is a new iPad, then people who are considering buying tablets will know about it.

motwera

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2010
Pretty awesome, but I would like to know the list for all the apps (if possible) in the ad, especially that board app

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Well that was a cool ad. Not sure I caught more than a guy welding an iPad into his motorcycle and an iPad covered in saw dust, but still pretty cool.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
ad makes me bitter about the just how crappy their os really is.

How is the os crappy? Seeing as developers have made a ton of great apps, it's hardly crippled in terms of APIs.

It's even opened up and allowed communication between apps with iOS 8, if that was your complaint.

It's very efficient considering how slow the processors are and how small the batteries are in iOS devices, yet the benchmark scores and battery life doesn't give away the lesser specs.

Are you basing your judgement on the fact the home screens display apps and nothing else? If they displayed widgets would you think it more advanced?

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
The idea is the same as Your Verse, but the execution is much better. This ad is more fun, not pretentious and less cheesy. I like it.

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Too bad it's pretty much a lie — new iPad models do not really "change", they are just more of the phone-based iOS that cripples the device (9 icons on display per folder? LOL).

Making the device sligthly faster, sligthly thinner and with a sligthly better camera (but no flash...) is not innovation. It's not enough either, as seen in how few people actually upgrade their iPads.

Right now, the new iPad models are toys made mostly for those who have no tablet and for the fanboys (who would buy anything regardless). Apple has failed in making them attractive to anyone else.

mike-p-22

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2013
As an Apple fan, I would like to see Apple design a simple iPad like the current iPad Air 2, and an iPad more for business work, professionals, and gamers. Battery life is clearly not an issue for the iPad lineup like they are for the iPhone lineup (other than the 6+) so this new business iPad wouldn't have to be a whole lot thicker than the iPad Air 2, if at all.

The new iPad "Pro" for business should have:

An 11 inch quad-HD screen, with the option to purchase a thicker (for a bigger battery), 4K screen option for a heftier price.
4 GB of RAM.
A stylus built in.
A finger print sensor embedded in the sapphire crystal home button.
NFC capabilities built in.
128 GB for storage at the minimum with 256 GB, and 500 GB options available for an extra price.
A 16 megapixel camera with OIS.
4K video recording.
An attachable keyboard option like the one on the surface pro 3.
All the iWorks apps installed on the device when the user first turns it on.
Two USB 3.0 sockets.
Bluetooth 4.1 (whenever it comes out).
Rapid charging feature.
OS X 10.10 installed instead of iOS 8.

Starting at $1399 going all the way up to $2399 for the highest end model. Now THAT tablet would be something a lot of people would look at I think.

kahkityoong

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
As an Apple fan, I would like to see Apple design a simple iPad like the current iPad Air 2, and an iPad more for business work, professionals, and gamers. Battery life is clearly not an issue for the iPad lineup like they are for the iPhone lineup (other than the 6+) so this new business iPad wouldn't have to be a whole lot thicker than the iPad Air 2, if at all.

The new iPad "Pro" for business should have:

An 11 inch quad-HD screen, with the option to purchase a thicker (for a bigger battery), 4K screen option for a heftier price.
4 GB of RAM.
A stylus built in.
A finger print sensor embedded in the sapphire crystal home button.
NFC capabilities built in.
128 GB for storage at the minimum with 256 GB, and 500 GB options available for an extra price.
A 16 megapixel camera with OIS.
4K video recording.
An attachable keyboard option like the one on the surface pro 3.
All the iWorks apps installed on the device when the user first turns it on.
Two USB 3.0 sockets.
Bluetooth 4.1 (whenever it comes out).
Rapid charging feature.
OS X 10.10 installed instead of iOS 8.

Starting at $1399 going all the way up to $2399 for the highest end model. Now THAT tablet would be something a lot of people would look at I think.

What's this got to do with the price of fish?

Yester5

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Too bad it's pretty much a lie — new iPad models do not really "change", they are just more of the phone-based iOS that cripples the device (9 icons on display per folder? LOL).

Making the device sligthly faster, sligthly thinner and with a sligthly better camera (but no flash...) is not innovation. It's not enough either, as seen in how few people actually upgrade their iPads.

Right now, the new iPad models are toys made mostly for those who have no tablet and for the fanboys (who would buy anything regardless). Apple has failed in making them attractive to anyone else.

This post is the pinnacle of absurdity...
Tell all of the airline pilots, who's flight-check logbooks have been replaced by iPads, that they are "toys"...
Or all of the doctors and musicians that use iPads every day to create music and save lives on their "toys".
Or the teachers and educators....never mind, you probably are too busy updating your anti-virus soft wear or re-booting your Android or Windozzz tablet from another "blue-screen"...

RoccoFan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
I loved the "Verse" ads. This was like a music video. Too fast and not very revealing. The Verse ads gave you a much better sense of the possibilities of the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.