Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Original poster
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
A long-awaited GMT bug fix for Exchange users :)

Health App improvements

Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed

Stability Enhancements

Increases stability of Mail
Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
Improves stability of Music
Improves VoiceOver reliability
Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug Fixes

Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.

[via BGR]

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Didn't BGR report just last week that 8.2 would be released this Monday or sometime this week basically? Yeah...

desimaniac

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free

Yup. I have been having this problem for some time. Unable to route calls to my speakers when lightning cable is plugged into my Camry.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
As usual, none of the bugs I experience are mentioned...and a whole stack of stuff I never come across is fixed. Bah.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I haven't experienced any of those issues they fixed.

----------

As usual, none of the bugs I experience are mentioned...and a whole stack of stuff I never come across is fixed. Bah.

-Restore your phone as NEW
- Do not sign in to any iCloud accounts
- Do not restore any backups
- Do not install any 3rd party apps.
- Use your phone for a week

If after a week all the issues you have been reporting are gone:

- Login to iCloud and do nothing else. Observe for a few days.
- Install 3rd party apps 1 at a time and observe for a few days.

There HAS to be something different in your configuration that is causing you so much grief compared to the rest of us on the 6+ that don't have any issues.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

I believe I read that the battery will drop 2 more hours this go round too. :) Sorry couldn't resist

But yes all the bugs addressed are never in the release notes so you may well find out some were addressed just not mentioned.

----------

It should be top priority.

Why? Their keyboard works just fine. Just use it if the 3rd party ones cause so much grief.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I believe I read that the battery will drop 2 more hours this go round too. :) Sorry couldn't resist

But yes all the bugs addressed are never in the release notes so you may well find out some were addressed just not mentioned.

----------

Why? Their keyboard works just fine. Just use it if the 3rd party ones cause so much grief.
While I agree that generally the stock keyboard is fine, I would say that for things like one-handed typing, something like the ability to swipe that other keyboards offer can make quite a bit of a difference for quite a few people (plus autocorrect has been somewhat odd at times or not as good at least with the stock keyboard).

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I haven't experienced any of those issues... And they don't mention fixing the ones I do experience like incoming notifications disappearing after one second on the lockscreen...

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
They need to address the following:

- auto-rotation not working in messages/mail unless you exit the app then go back into it

- constant "this page had to be reloaded" issue in safari

- slide to answer not working for a few seconds when receiving a call

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Nice!
"Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered"
I always wondered why I didn't hear the call until I actually answered it. Wonder if I even have to answer it now, I mean if I can hear it before I answer it with this fix. :eek:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
They need to address the following:

- auto-rotation not working in messages/mail unless you exit the app then go back into it

- constant "this page had to be reloaded" issue in safari

- slide to answer not working for a few seconds when receiving a call

Oddly enough I don't have any of your issues on my 6+.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Why stop there.

Just use Outlook.
Just use Google Maps
Just use Google Music

Good idea. May fix any issues there too. Seriously though I was referring to "top priority". Not sure 3rd party keyboard quirks qualify for a top priority fix is all I was saying. I mean Apple as not even allowed other keyboards at all until iOS 8 and the built in keyboard "Just works".

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Why stop there.

Just use Google Maps
Just use Google Music

Should be doing this anyway, especially if you don't live in a large urban area. Apple's flyover gimmick is a joke compared to street view. Not to mention the constant innaccuracies and lack of data on businesses in  Maps. So far, in just my small town area, I have had over 100 innaccurate data points corrected and updated business locations and info. With Google, I have only had to slightly move one businesses geo-point approx 100 feet.

Of course, both companies are very impressive with updating the info I have provided. Surprised me actually. But if you are travelling to a suburban or rural area,  Maps just can't be trusted... yet.

kwokaaron

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
London, UK
Was hoping to see "Improves stability of Safari". It still crashes on me at least once a day without fail. That's with only 2 tabs open.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I would rather eat pinecones than have to navigate the Google Music app ever again. Even when I had the Nexus 6, which is pure Android, I had a lot of issues with Google Music, from the 2-3 seconds it took for the app to load, to the overall clunkiness of the app. Not saying the iOS Music App is perfect (I still hate how you can't sort by album within Artist view without having to scroll endlessly), but it's still much better than Google Music, imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.