Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I haven't experienced any of those issues they fixed.

----------

-Restore your phone as NEW
- Do not sign in to any iCloud accounts
- Do not restore any backups
- Do not install any 3rd party apps.
- Use your phone for a week

If after a week all the issues you have been reporting are gone:

- Login to iCloud and do nothing else. Observe for a few days.
- Install 3rd party apps 1 at a time and observe for a few days.

There HAS to be something different in your configuration that is causing you so much grief compared to the rest of us on the 6+ that don't have any issues.

So much effort for something that should already be fixed .... at launch.
If I don't have to do this for any other devices, why would anyone want to for an iDevice?

playing at being a devil's advocate ..... but it's all true

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
So much effort for something that should already be fixed .... at launch.
If I don't have to do this for any other devices, why would anyone want to for an iDevice?

playing at being a devil's advocate ..... but it's all true

Look at it from a troubleshooting perspective and let go of the "It's Apple's fault" mentality.

My iPhone 6+ does not have issues (Control group)
Sun's iPhone 6+ has issues.

1. The issue is either hardware related (which it isn't because Sun took his phone to Apple and they said it's fine)

2. The issue is iOS related (which it isnt because mine works fine)

3. The issue is data/app SPECIFIC to what Sun has loaded or configured on his phone that is causing his problems. (most likely the case but the only way to know for sure is to take the steps I mentioned).

If Sun's phone behaves properly with No Apps or data installed on it then the issue is not iOS or his hardware. However, you need to add user specific components one by one to try and determine what the underlying issue may be.

Is it his iCloud account that is corrupt in turn making his phone act up?
Does he have an app installed that I don't that is making his phone act up?

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Look at it from a troubleshooting perspective and let go of the "It's Apple's fault" mentality.

My iPhone 6+ does not have issues
Sun's iPhone 6+ has issues.

1. The issue is either hardware related (which it isn't because Sun took his phone to Apple and they said it's fine)

2. The issue is iOS related (which it isnt because mine works fine)

3. The issue is data/app SPECIFIC to what Sun has loaded or configured on his phone that is causing his problems. (most likely the case but the only way to know for sure is to take the steps I mentioned).

If Sun's phone behaves properly with No Apps or data installed on it then the issue is not iOS or his hardware. However, you need to add user specific components one by one to try and determine what the underlying issue may be.

Is it his iCloud account that is correct in turn making his phone act up?
Does he have an app installed that I don't that is making his phone act up?

Yeah. I will try that, frustrating as it certainly is. I like iPhones largely because of iCloud and the ease of reinstalling everything. However, I do want to get to the bottom of the problem.

yaboyac29

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2014
still can't sync smart playlists that have 'live updating' checked. it just shows no music

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
Still have the stupid wifi issue on my air 2. This is getting rediculus. Try loading a page like Wikipedia or Facebook. The blue bar loads about a quarter of the way then just stops with the little loading symbol spinning away. Turn wifi off and back on and it will load. I have to do this constantly. Had the same issue with my mini 2 before getting my air 2.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
Anyone having problems with syncing to iTunes?

Its trying to copy 700 photos and it's doing one photo like every 30 minutes.
I did have maybe 3-4 videos and some may have been over a gig in size, but I don't think it should copy this slow. I don't know what the thing is doing. I have the latest iTunes on Yosemite.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Still have the stupid wifi issue on my air 2. This is getting rediculus. Try loading a page like Wikipedia or Facebook. The blue bar loads about a quarter of the way then just stops with the little loading symbol spinning away. Turn wifi off and back on and it will load. I have to do this constantly. Had the same issue with my mini 2 before getting my air 2.

I've had this happen in Safari since the iPhone 4. No other browser does it. Force-closing the app cures the problem temporarily, and I have to do this at least once every 30 mins of browsing.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
Here is hoping they fixed the Airplay issue I have been having since 8.0 came out. When I would be playing a song on my iPhone (or iPad) then select my Airplay speaker something would crash and reset it so that it went back to playing on my iPhone and de-select the song from the music player. I thought they fixed it on a previous update of 8.x but it would work for a bit and then not. So far with 8.2 it has worked everytime I have tried it, so here is hoping it is finally fixed.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX

I did have maybe 3-4 videos and some may have been over a gig in size, but I don't think it should copy this slow. I don't know what the thing is doing. I have the latest iTunes on Yosemite.

Once it finishes picture # 12, I'm going to cancel this sync and reboot my phone and computer. I'll let you know what happens. This sync of 700 pictures has been going on for over 3 hours now.

Edit:

Never mind, I stopped it at picture 12. We'll see how things go now that everything has been rebooted.

Edit 2: It seems to be very confused. It just copied a movie that was already on the phone :/
I may have to wipe the thing. It's really messed up.

Edit 3: It's completely busted :'( Whyyyyyy Tim :(

Last edited:

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles

Yeah I think it's n iTunes Issue... It just completely removed / mixed up all my music when I plugged in my iPhone back into my mac to add more music.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Weird.

I installed 8.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2 just after the keynote but I noticed this about half an hour ago ; As you can see in the screenshots below (First screenshot - iPhone 6 Plus, 8.2 / Second - iPad Air 2, 8.2), the "Anulați (Cancel)" button on the iPad has a darker blue tint than on the iPhone.

Mind you, it's not the wallpaper / translucency disabled / darken colors turned on.

It's the same when I set the default wallpaper on both devices and all the other Accessibility options are turned off on both devices.

This was not in 8.1.3.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.PNG
    IMG_0520.PNG
    519.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0058.PNG
    IMG_0058.PNG
    490.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

supercoo

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2014

Try changing your wifi DNS to google numbers. I changed mine a few months ago and it hasn't happened since.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I haven't experienced any of those issues they fixed.

----------

-Restore your phone as NEW
- Do not sign in to any iCloud accounts
- Do not restore any backups
- Do not install any 3rd party apps.
- Use your phone for a week

If after a week all the issues you have been reporting are gone:

- Login to iCloud and do nothing else. Observe for a few days.
- Install 3rd party apps 1 at a time and observe for a few days.

There HAS to be something different in your configuration that is causing you so much grief compared to the rest of us on the 6+ that don't have any issues.

+ Do not use iCloud Photo Beta (is it still in beta).

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Yeah. I will try that, frustrating as it certainly is. I like iPhones largely because of iCloud and the ease of reinstalling everything. However, I do want to get to the bottom of the problem.

I was told by Apple support that restoring from an iCloud backup is much better than from an iTunes backup. I was told it's a different process.

shorestyle

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
Did a clean install of 8.2 no issues so far. Seems a bit speedier. Not sure if it's placebo effect.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I was told by Apple support that restoring from an iCloud backup is much better than from an iTunes backup. I was told it's a different process.

I've always wondered why it can supposedly cause so many problems. The apps aren't actually stored in the Cloud are they? Are they? Surely they're downloaded from the App Store? How could settings go astray? Woudn't resetting settings after a back-up rectify any errors? I've never had any noticeable aggro from an iCloud back-up; ie all my photos come over, all my apps work ok, my browser history is fully operational etc. So why the system bugs? I would love an understandable answer to this question before I go through all the rigmarole. I've set up as a new phone before and just logged into iCloud to get my contacts etc. There has never been any difference in performance between logging into iCloud, or doing a full iCloud backup. So if my iCloud account is causing my problems, it would seem to be the iCloud account period and not the backup itself.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I've always wondered why it can supposedly cause so many problems. The apps aren't actually stored in the Cloud are they? Are they? Surely they're downloaded from the App Store? How could settings go astray? Woudn't resetting settings after a back-up rectify any errors? I've never had any noticeable aggro from an iCloud back-up; ie all my photos come over, all my apps work ok, my browser history is fully operational etc. So why the system bugs? I would love an understandable answer to this question before I go through all the rigmarole. I've set up as a new phone before and just logged into iCloud to get my contacts etc. There has never been any difference in performance between logging into iCloud, or doing a full iCloud backup. So if my iCloud account is causing my problems, it would seem to be the iCloud account period and not the backup itself.

I don't know. I know you're frustrated because I felt the same way.

From using iOS 8.2 in beta, I don't know if it was an iOS change or 3rd party app change that fixed my problems. I also removed programs that I no longer use. I did notice that iCloud Photo beta runs in the background and it loved to do operations more than once. Just when you think it's done, nope, it does it again! iCloud Photo Library is still in beta. I'm not touching that again until well after it's no longer in beta.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007

It's a different process in that you're getting fresh copies of all your apps from Apple's servers, rather than from a local drive.

The problem is if you don't have a fast broadband connection or have data caps on your internet service. Restoring my phone using iCloud would take forever. Plus, things like photos not uploaded to iCloud and text messages do not get restored when using an iCloud backup.

One thing I've seen with iOS is that it does not play nice if you have an unreliable or slow network connection. Interruptions with uploads or downloads can leave garbage data on your device, or render apps inoperable. For that reason alone, I prefer to use wired backups anytime I restore my phone.

I routinely restore my phone as new and then restore the apps and data from an iTunes backup roughly every other month, or whenever a major interval iOS update gets released. Do this primarily to purge the "Other" directory before it gets too large. But, I suspect it has other benefits with system reliability because it gets rid of the garbage data sitting in the system directories and caches. Never had an issue with the restoration process. Also, I always do the iOS updates using iTunes, because it reinstalls the entire OS directory rather than just the change files.

Last edited:

tryphone

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
So far the only thing different for me is the new Apple watch app that I can't delete. Yay!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.