Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Purchase Apple Watch or iPad Air?

• Apple Watch (sport)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • iPad Air (refurb or 2)

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonpeter

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
MI
I understand, apples to oranges.

but what would you choose, assuming you have neither?
Im not looking to use either in a specific scenarios, so this is a straight to the point question.

UPDATE:
considering this post has gotten tons of view but no responses, I'm changing my question. What electronic gadget would you buy with around $350-450 free dollars?

Last edited:

jonpeter

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
MI
iPhone 6. at the moment, i am more leaning towards an iPad air. suggestions for 1 or 2?

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I would definitely go for the iPad Air. It's a much more capable device at the same price.

----------

iPhone 6. at the moment, i am more leaning towards an iPad air. suggestions for 1 or 2?

An Air 1 is still plenty capable and a good deal, but an Air 2 is unquestionably better with twice the RAM, Touch ID, and a thinner profile. It all comes down to what you're willing to spend.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What are your intended uses?

Clearly the apple watch has a completely different intent then the iPad. The apple watch is new, shiny and garnering the attention of people, which is why it may be tempting you. I think the iPad has more utility and is more useful but yet without specifics of what you're looking to do, its hard to nail down a suggestion based on your needs (given that you've not stated your needs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.