Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the circulation of Apple Watch reviews and news this morning, German-based Apple tech site Macerkopf.de [Google Translate] discovered what appears to be the shipping dates for every line of the Apple watch in Germany.

apple_watch_shipping.jpg
On the German version of Apple's official website, every model in the Sport lineup features a 4/24-5/8 delivery estimate, which is up to a two week time frame after the Watch's April 24 launch. For the middle-tier Apple Watch collection, the Sport Band, Milanese Loop, and Black Classic Buckle all feature the same 4/24-5/8 estimate. Everything else in the 20-Watch collection, including the Leather Loop and Link Bracelet options, denote a 4-6 week shipping estimate.

Complete shipping estimates:

- Aluminum Case with Sport Band: "Delivers 4/24 to 5/8"
- Stainless Steel Case with Sport Band: "Delivers 4/24 to 5/8"
- Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop: "Delivers 4/24 to 5/8"
- Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle: "Delivers 4/24 to 5/8"
- Stainless Steel Case with Modern Buckle: "Dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks"
- Stainless Steel Case with Leather Loop: "Dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks"
- Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet: "Dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks"
- All Edition Models Dispatching in May

To see the shipping dates, a Watch option must first be added into a user's favorite list. The United States store has yet to showcase similar shipping dates to corroborate Germany's estimates, though the exact same match-up of band option and dates can be found on the UK store currently. Interestingly, every version of the Apple Watch Edition only states a vague "May" shipping date, with no other specific frame of time mentioned.

Update 10:34 AM PT: The shipping estimates have now been removed from the U.K. and German Apple Store websites.

Article Link: Many Apple Watch Models May Not Be Available for April 24 Delivery

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
I hope it wont only say "Delivers 24/4-8/5" when pre-ordering..
I want be certain that it will or not be delivered on 24th.

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Weirdest Apple product launch ever, so far. Definitely can't call Apple predictable anymore.

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
Makes no sense to any worldwide market but better NOT be the same with US market! It's either available on the 24th, or its not. Oh, and yes, the space grey sport WILL be much later since that is the one at least 80% want due to price and what will be rarity when the extensive wait time is listed.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
They had better deliver and have in my hands by the 24th April - or I'm not interested !

Nik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Germany
They do not want too much inventory in advance because they a.) do not know which model people REALLY want and b.) do not know how many people will buy it c.) want to build up hype by keeping inventory pretty low.

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
Rut-ro. I wonder what the driver for the shipping differences are? It appears it's not a particular type of watch but the band? Take heed to the pre-order warning going around the watch forum about ordering extra bands separate from the watch.

Nik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Germany
Let's see if we reach "Available within 24 hours" before the second generation comes out.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
This is disappointing . Apple should just launch when they are ready, some of those times are embarrassing.

hoits2000

macrumors member
May 21, 2008
NW Indiana
Honestly, if I can't get it on launch day I will be holding off until I can get one refurbished from Apple or 2nd gen.

What a mess having so many different versions makes. How about just the 2 sizes in 2 colors for each tier watch and you sell all the stupid bands separately from the get go.

The gold one will be discontinued in 2-3 months any way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.