Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

normang

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2007
Maple Grove, MN
Since Apple has now removed the dates from the sites they were on, I am assuming that it was an error, and there is absolutely no way, until the initial orders are in, that they can estimate any shipping on any version of the watch..

That said, I suspect that some combinations will be harder to come by then others. Time will tell.

RodChester

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
With so many different options available it doesn't surprise me that there are going to be some delays. Luckily for me I plan to get a 42mm aluminum sport watch with white band and a 38mm aluminum sport watch with a red band. Popular models that hopefully will have plenty of stock to go around Friday night.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Since Apple has now removed the dates from the sites they were on, I am assuming that it was an error, and there is absolutely no way, until the initial orders are in, that they can estimate any shipping on any version of the watch..

That said, I suspect that some combinations will be harder to come by then others. Time will tell.

Apple might have just been testing the system as well.

You can test in development, but it's not always the same in production.

----------

Err I don't think so :). Europe has a history that Americans are envious of which is why they are the biggest tourist industry to the European market.
You drive the sane cars as us. A Bmw is a Bmw and a Honda is a Honda no matter what continent you are on.
Football was invented in England and you pinched the name :)

The only thing Americans can boast is that they cum a lot quicker and only so they can get to the nearest bar and tell their pals about it. :)

Soccer? Soccer? You call that a sport?

hock1-e1362722638629.jpg

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
What's wrong with you guys?? Does U.S. always has to get special treatment? Can someone explain to me why I should be treated worse than U.S. customer?

Oh Please. If it was a company based in your country, and there was a leak about shipping times in the US, everyone would be hoping it was just US and not the homeland too. Give me a break, there are tons of products that are from other countries that are released in the US that get put on the back burner compared to the products in the home country, or don't have the same release dates.

Everyone only makes a big deal with Americans make such comments. I guess I should be flattered that being American and making a comment makes everyone else so butt hurt.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
I'm thinking the dates was an error.

from the preorder day (10th) to the shipping day it gives them 2 weeks.. and then the other dates after that are two weeks following launch day.

Wonder if they was just changing the shipping estimates, and the first batch will deliver for launch, the second batch being the two weeks after launch?

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Maybe wishful thinking......... but who is to say the dates that showed up on the UK and German sites were not just 'test text' as to what will display when stock depletes and order times do move to 4-6 weeks?

I can't believe that is any more illogical than advertising a launch date that is impossible to meet.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Because they said order on the 10th and get on the 24th.

So why not ?

But you said you're not interested if you can't have it on the 24th, I'm curious why? They said from 24th anyway. But what's with the obsession with day one? It it takes a week or so extra to deliver the watch you actually want, what's the big deal?

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Here's hoping

I am not opposed to a short wait but if it is a 4 week delay for the link bracelet I might re-consider ordering a different SS and the bracelet separately.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
With all the hype and self promotion Apple have done regarding this product, it would appear Tim Cook has placed a hell of a lot of he companies future on this one product.

They have spent months building interest. The important dates have been public for a couple of months so they would have been known within apple since before Christmas.

Yet there is still going to be a significantly restricted supply at launch? That is pathetic. There is no excuse for it.

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK
I don't mind waiting past the launch day for my Space Grey Sport, but if I have to wait weeks, even months for this device then I'm just going to give up and wait for 2nd gen.

Robert M.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2010
Oh Please. If it was a company based in your country, and there was a leak about shipping times in the US, everyone would be hoping it was just US and not the homeland too. Give me a break, there are tons of products that are from other countries that are released in the US that get put on the back burner compared to the products in the home country, or don't have the same release dates.

Everyone only makes a big deal with Americans make such comments. I guess I should be flattered that being American and making a comment makes everyone else so butt hurt.
I agree, there's nothing wrong with America getting special treatment since it's coming from an American company, and the market here is one of the biggest in the world. People are jumping on it because it's fun to hate on America for some reason.

I'm a gamer and this happens all the time with Japanese companies. Their games and consoles usually come out there first.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
But you said you're not interested if you can't have it on the 24th, I'm curious why? They said from 24th anyway. But what's with the obsession with day one? It it takes a week or so extra to deliver the watch you actually want, what's the big deal?

Because I'm not interested in waiting - either day one or day nothing :)

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Since they are not stocking the stores, my guess is all wait times will be the same - in store or on-line.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
You people complaining about services not being available in other countries blame your countries not apple. You think they don't want all that revenue? Some of these countries have archaic rules and regulations apple has to jump through to possibly be able to launch some of these services there.

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015
Not that it matters; no one here seems to want one, and will continue to state that....... right up until the time you're able to punch in your credit card and buy one!

People are so tiresomely transparent, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.