Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brumbake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Minnesota
Having observed Apple product introductions ever since the first Apple II, it seems that something is not going right for Apple, when it comes to getting the MacBook into the hands of users. Could it be that they have decided to include an acceptable adapter - to appropriately enable and empower users?

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Having observed Apple product introductions ever since the first Apple II, it seems that something is not going right for Apple, when it comes to getting the MacBook into the hands of users. Could it be that they have decided to include an acceptable adapter - to appropriately enable and empower users?

No, there will not be an adapter coming with the rMB.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
I think Apple wants to nickle and dime its customers and for the most part they buy into it. That's how they have all those billions in cash reserves. Apple could have done the charitable thing and included the $19 adapter.

bibyfok

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
France
I think we are witnessing how Apple will be introducing products for now on.

All to avoid any lines in the future.

I think they did not understood that some people (me included) LIKED to queue up at 4am to experience that... I've made it 3 times: iPhone 5S, iPad Air and Macbook 12. Imagine how disapointed I was when they told me they had no demo unit nor stock. 3-4 weeks delay for EU. THANKS APPLE.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Apple want your $$$$ and they clearly believe they have a captive audience. I don't see any practical reason why the extension cable is not included in the box, other than saving Apple $$ and forcing the customer to make a secondary purchase...

Q-6

nrubenstein

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2008
Washington, DC
I think they did not understood that some people (me included) LIKED to queue up at 4am to experience that... I've made it 3 times: iPhone 5S, iPad Air and Macbook 12. Imagine how disapointed I was when they told me they had no demo unit nor stock. 3-4 weeks delay for EU. THANKS APPLE.

No, they do understand that. They don't want you to.

5errated

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
they move away from a proprietary connector to something that's open and universal and everyone bitches and whines. you just can't win apple

Mindinversion

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibyfok View Post
No, they do understand that. They don't want you to.

The answer is, in a word: LIABILITY

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
Apple want your $$$$ and they clearly believe they have a captive audience. I don't see any practical reason why the extension cable is not included in the box, other than saving Apple $$ and forcing the customer to make a secondary purchase...

Q-6

Nintendo is a huge global company and Nintendo 3DS is set to become the best selling console of all time. The 3DS XL doesn't even include a power adapter...yes, thats right. You have to spend an extra $10 just to be able to charge your brand new XL. Do companies include HDMI cables when you buy a Blu Ray player? Nope. Why should Apple include a USB-C to USB for free?

Queen6

macrumors G4
Nintendo is a huge global company and Nintendo 3DS is set to become the best selling console of all time. The 3DS XL doesn't even include a power adapter...yes, thats right. You have to spend an extra $10 just to be able to charge your brand new XL. Do companies include HDMI cables when you buy a Blu Ray player? Nope. Why should Apple include a USB-C to USB for free?

Extension to the power cable same any other Mac portable :rolleyes: something else that slipped by the way...

Q-6

Queen6

macrumors G4
Just a botched launch, even Apple`s own staff don't know what`s going on, totally unprofessional.
  • No display models in the vast majority of stores
  • No stock, and none coming soon to bricks & mortar stores
  • No preorder advisment
  • Instructing staff to push online sales, on a product you can't even try, nor is shipping in the near future
  • Extending global shipping dates 4 - 6 weeks
  • It`s a Mac, not an IOS device, vast majority of Apple`s customers have no interest
  • New Mac`s have never brought long lines to the stores
All signs of not understanding customer demand, mismanagement of contractors, inventory and/or sales marketing at it`s lowest. All Apple needed to do after the "big reveal" was list in store dates by country instead of this current debacle which has left many customers confused & disappointed...

If Apple didn't themselves make such a big deal of these things, less of us would care. They build all this hype, all for nothing. Equally it would serve Apple well to move as many Broadwell Macbook`s with Skylake in the near future, which is a point worth considering...

With hindsight, maybe Apple should have a waited a little longer to officially reveal, simply a mess...

Q-6

----------

Thats not what this thread is about.

It`s about a poor product launch and not including what many would consider standard, just to push secondary sales fits, like it or not...

Q-6

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
Just a botched launch, even Apple`s own staff don't know what`s going on, totally unprofessional.
  • No preorder advisment
  • Instructing staff to push online sales, on a product you can't even try, nor is shipping in the near future
  • It`s a Mac, not an IOS device, vast majority of Apple`s customers have no interest
All signs of not understanding customer demand, mismanagement of contractors, inventory and/or sales marketing at it`s lowest. All Apple needed to do after the "big reveal" was list in store dates by country instead of this current debacle which has left many customers confused & disappointed...

If Apple didn't themselves make such a big deal of these things, less of us would care. They build all this hype, all for nothing. Equally it would serve Apple well to move as many Broadwell Macbook`s with Skylake in the near future, which is a point worth considering...

With hindsight, maybe Apple should have a waited a little longer to officially reveal, simply a mess...

How many times are you going to cry about the same thing in multiple threads? Its getting old and downright trollish. We know how you feel and don't care. Give it up already.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
the whining before april 10th, the whining after...boring as hell. hope, once people get the rMb's, we'll see discussion about actually using it, details, needs, etc.

wish there was a 'whine' filter on this site... :D

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
the whining before april 10th, the whining after...boring as hell. hope, once people get the rMb's, we'll see discussion about actually using it, details, needs, etc.

I do think this product launch was ridiculous, but you're right...come June when production is normal and everyone everywhere has the new MacBook, we will all have forgotten about it.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
It is pretty bizarre. I'm starting to wonder if Angela Arendt's gets the tech market. She sold raincoats before after all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Ahrendts
$70 million in salary? You'd think she could get a few laptops out the door.

• No preorder advisment

Q-6

----------

It`s about a poor product launch and not including what many would consider standard, just to push secondary sales fits, like it or not...

Q-6

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
It is pretty bizarre. I'm starting to wonder if Angela Arendt's gets the tech market. She sold raincoats before after all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Ahrendts
$70 million in salary? You'd think she could get a few laptops out the door.

The problem is they hired her because she is good at sales "experience" and that's something Apple has been said to be slipping with compared to when retail first launched. The problem is that "experience" for someone passionate about fashion is COMPLETELY different than "experience" for someone into technology. Technology changes so rapidly, it's all about getting things to market before the competition, and getting the latest products into the hands of the consumer.

People don't buy the 2015 Macbook because they want the 2015 model, they buy it because it has a feature that they like, and want the latest in technology. Fashion geeks buy 2015 just because it's the 2015 line. There's no breaking technology involved, it's passion for the specific latest in the line.

To take someone from Fashion and put them in charge of Technology, seems an awful lot like taking someone from running the Apple Retail Experience and putting them someone like say... JC Penney. It just doesn't work!

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010

Nope. Getting the rMB will only induce people to more complaints. I'm sorry but when you are asking for a premium price you need premium service and support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.