Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacc Sparrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Brooklyn Nyc
Please post in here. I am curious to see if anybody's order status changed. I received the "EOD" and i am quite disappointed

Kent01

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Keep this thread going. I also received EOD for 38mm SG Sport ordered at :04 and have received no updates except that crummy email.

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Bump this one as well. 4/28-5/8. Got email last night for just one order out of two. Both are in processing. Shipping to Los Angeles, US.

SixtyK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Nebraska
You do understand that if you got the 4/24-5/8 delivery window, you still have a further fifteen days to receive your watch before it is late, right?

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
You do understand that if you got the 4/24-5/8 delivery window, you still have a further fifteen days to receive your watch before it is late, right?

Oh give me a break, obviously they want it on Friday, not two weeks later.

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010

You're wrong. They got until the 8 to ship it. So it could be another 20 days.

Kent01

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Massachusetts

Yes but it's tough to see that others who have ordered around the same exact time are receiving theirs tomorrow. I ordered at 3:04am Eastern and people who have ordered in the similar time frame have been given delivery dates.

I'm still in processing with no CC charge for a 38mm SG Sport.

SixtyK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Nebraska
Oh give me a break, obviously they want it on Friday, not two weeks later.

Yes, but it was never promised on Friday. They could get it on Friday (and some will) but there was never a promise made that they would receive it on day one of a fourteen day window.

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
You're wrong. They got until the 8 to ship it. So it could be another 20 days.

Exactly, they have until the 8th to ship. If it is from China and Apple decides to use the real standard shipping, it would be another 5+ business days to arrive. Next day delivery is nice, but the order did say "standard shipping".

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Yes, but it was never promised on Friday. They could get it on Friday (and some will) but there was never a promise made that they would receive it on day one of a fourteen day window.

Actually it was promised, this is exactly why Apple pulled mentions of the 24 off their website. Trust me when I say there's going to be some lawsuits over the release of this device. The promised release date was simply not met. And they can't use the excuse oh well demand exceeded our supply. They had a year to get this out the door and hyped the device themselves and they didn't make enough? It's a simple game of Apple playing the stock market and getting their stock up with a limited supply the entire time. This is what they've been doing since Tim Cook came in. Now look at releases 6 years ago, they set a date and they delivered. That is no longer the case, even iphone 6 dates were vastly messed up. Their customer service is a joke as is their queue for orders. And now back to your regularly scheduled posts.

Jacc Sparrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Brooklyn Nyc
For something that should be absolutely obvious, an awful lot of people seem to be losing their freaking minds, don't you think?

I totally understand that apple gave a window and i understand why. Under promise and over deliver.

MY issue is people who got up AFTER me..and got their orders in with a 4-6 week window, and people who have a window for JUNE are getting shipment notifications..and for some odd reason the majority of people who ordered "pink bands" like myself havent gotten anything...Apple also stirred the pot even more by offering developers a PROMISE delivery of 4.26..a PROMISE..

thats why im upset

Kent01

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Massachusetts
I totally understand that apple gave a window and i understand why. Under promise and over deliver.

MY issue is people who got up AFTER me..and got their orders in with a 4-6 week window, and people who have a window for JUNE are getting shipment notifications..and for some odd reason the majority of people who ordered "pink bands" like myself havent gotten anything...Apple also stirred the pot even more by offering developers a PROMISE delivery of 4.26..a PROMISE..

thats why im upset

They must have an issue with the black sport bands. All other color options have shipped and the aluminum ones are the same case just different colored bands.

I guess it should be obvious that Space Grey is much more limited in quantity.

SixtyK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Nebraska
MY issue is people who got up AFTER me..and got their orders in with a 4-6 week window...

Unless those people after you ordered the same watch, band, and size you did, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Apple also stirred the pot even more by offering developers a PROMISE delivery of 4.26..a PROMISE..

Provided they order a 42mm silver Sport with blue band. Not Pink. I'm guessing Apple sold more pink bands than blue, hence the delay.

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
Actually it was promised, this is exactly why Apple pulled mentions of the 24 off their website. Trust me when I say there's going to be some lawsuits over the release of this device. The promised release date was simply not met. And they can't use the excuse oh well demand exceeded our supply. They had a year to get this out the door and hyped the device themselves and they didn't make enough? It's a simple game of Apple playing the stock market and getting their stock up with a limited supply the entire time. This is what they've been doing since Tim Cook came in. Now look at releases 6 years ago, they set a date and they delivered. That is no longer the case, even iphone 6 dates were vastly messed up. Their customer service is a joke as is their queue for orders. And now back to your regularly scheduled posts.

Dude RELEASE day was the 24 they never promised delivery on the 24th. Check your email and if they promised it prove it. We early adopters have until the 8th for it to be considered late. I think any sane judge would laugh at lawsuits lol!

Jacc Sparrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Brooklyn Nyc
Unless those people after you ordered the same watch, band, and size you did, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Provided they order a 42mm silver Sport with blue band. Not Pink. I'm guessing Apple sold more pink bands than blue, hence the delay.

NOBODY WHO ORDERED A PINK WATCH..GOT IT SHIPPED..thats my point..

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
They must have an issue with the black sport bands. All other color options have shipped and the aluminum ones are the same case just different colored bands.

I guess it should be obvious that Space Grey is much more limited in quantity.

They, like myself, had ordered a Sport+pink sport band. Those are all still processing, no charges, no movement, whatsoever. According to MacRumors/Reddit (which, I realize isn't everyone, but it's a decent population survey) not a single pink sport band has moved.

While I know I got the window, it does sting a bit when I see folks who never even pre-ordered get guaranteed delivery promises (the developers offer). I would've been completely happy had Apple said "hey, the pinks are totally delayed, here's a white or blue, we'll ship you a pink band later on". Even if they tried to charge me for the extra band, I would've been okay.

Guess this is what I get for having the day off (albeit, other things caused the day off, but still...) :rolleyes:

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Dude RELEASE day was the 24 they never promised delivery on the 24th. Check your email and if they promised it prove it. We early adopters have until the 8th for it to be considered late. I think any sane judge would laugh at lawsuits lol!

Right, what is there to suit anyway. Even if it was promised to release on the 24th, it does not guarantee you (me as well) to get one on the 24th.

Look, Apple would love to sell you a watch. They want to charge your credit card but they can't due to low in supply. Plus suiting them may lower their stock value, that's not good for me.

I'm in processing as well. Long term Apple fan and share holder...

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
NOBODY WHO ORDERED A PINK WATCH..GOT IT SHIPPED..thats my point..

Hey hey hey, come over to the Pink thread, we all feel each other's pain. Most folks saying "you got a two week window!" are ones with things already shipped... Come wither over there :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.