Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashton18

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2014
Atlanta / Los Angeles
Model: Sport Space Gray 42mm
Date/Time Ordered: 04/10 03:03:44am
Current Status: Processing - No charge on BoA and EOD received last night.

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
SS BSB
4/10 3:04AM
NY
EOD at 11PM and still processing

SS Milanese
4/10 3:06AM
NY
EOD at 11PM and still processing

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Let's keep this on topic. I'm an :03 order for the ML... I got the EOD and I'm still processing.

macmurray

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2011
Model: Sport Space Gray 42mm
Date/Time Ordered: 04/10 xx:04
Current Status: Processing - No charge and EOD received last night.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Yes but it's tough to see that others who have ordered around the same exact time are receiving theirs tomorrow. I ordered at 3:04am Eastern and people who have ordered in the similar time frame have been given delivery dates.

I'm still in processing with no CC charge for a 38mm SG Sport.

No, it's more tough to see people who ordered for June deliveries get there's before we do for the exact same model. Really makes no sense and does validate people being upset about the order in which they are processing.

First in line? Too bad, we serve the late comers first. Then they have the audacity to make a PR release that they are shipping earlier than expected.

jaydee24601

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
It's still sick as f#$% that we, the first buyers, are now following behind people who placed their order over the few days!

Kent01

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Massachusetts
No, it's more tough to see people who ordered for June deliveries get there's before we do for the exact same model. Really makes no sense and does validate people being upset about the order in which they are processing.

First in line? Too bad, we serve the late comers first. Then they have the audacity to make a PR release that they are shipping earlier than expected.

We need to be mindful that those orders being pushed ahead are not Space Grey 38/42 as mentioned by the people who are posting about it. They are the regular silver with white/blue bands.

If I had known the space grey would've been such a fiasco I would have just purchased the white or green band and I wouldn't be sitting here scanning these forums every other minute.

Damn you Apple for selling something i'm excited for.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
We need to be mindful that those orders being pushed ahead are not Space Grey 38/42 as mentioned by the people who are posting about it. They are the regular silver with white/blue bands.

If I had known the space grey would've been such a fiasco I would have just purchased the white or green band and I wouldn't be sitting here scanning these forums every other minute.

Damn you Apple for selling something i'm excited for.

SS with black sport bands are being pushed up too, which is the one I ordered.

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
Dude RELEASE day was the 24 they never promised delivery on the 24th. Check your email and if they promised it prove it. We early adopters have until the 8th for it to be considered late. I think any sane judge would laugh at lawsuits lol!

...unless the judge secretly preordered an apple watch and didn't get it on the 24th.... ;)

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Actually it was promised, this is exactly why Apple pulled mentions of the 24 off their website. Trust me when I say there's going to be some lawsuits over the release of this device. The promised release date was simply not met. And they can't use the excuse oh well demand exceeded our supply. They had a year to get this out the door and hyped the device themselves and they didn't make enough? It's a simple game of Apple playing the stock market and getting their stock up with a limited supply the entire time. This is what they've been doing since Tim Cook came in. Now look at releases 6 years ago, they set a date and they delivered. That is no longer the case, even iphone 6 dates were vastly messed up. Their customer service is a joke as is their queue for orders. And now back to your regularly scheduled posts.

What a joke! My watch isn't looking to be here tomorrow either but lawsuits? Get a life. I'm disappointed too, but they said it would ship in a window, not on a day.

entei5000

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Model: Pink sport 38mm
Date/Time Ordered: 04/10 03:03:44am
Current Status: Processing - No charge and EOD received last night.

Devinaire

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Model: 42mm SS BSB
Date/Time Ordered: 4/10 3:03
Current Status: Processing
I think the part that makes me most upset is, I have an interview with Apple tomorrow and i picked the latest time they had so I can get my watch. ###
Stay Hopeful My Friends!!!

rorystewart

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
I'm in an interesting situation that I wonder if anyone else is in.

I also received the EOD last night for a 42MM SS black classic buckle, but I also had my CC charged on Tuesday afternoon. My order status still says processing. I wonder what happened.

----------

Model: 42mm SS BSB
Date/Time Ordered: 4/10 3:03
Current Status: Processing
I think the part that makes me most upset is, I have an interview with Apple tomorrow and i picked the latest time they had so I can get my watch. ###
Stay Hopeful My Friends!!!

Don't worry. I guarantee you that will not make a difference. And they could even take it the wrong way if you had it - they want to hire smart people that work hard, not fan boys.

ryohumar

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
My 42MM Milanese is stuck in processing, I got the email last night. I chatted with apple this morning and this is what they said:

Me: I got this email from you guys last night saying "We're Working on Your Order"

Me: I want to know if that means there's no way I'm getting my watch tomorrow

Apple: It doesn’t look like your getting order tomorrow. It’s still in Open status with delivery window of April 24th to May 8th.

Apple: I can’t see where you are in line or people who ordered….all I can tell is you’lll get watch in that two week timeframe. Sorry.

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
I wonder if we make too much of the timestamps on the confirmation emails. The only way to do massive scaling for something like this is by being highly distributed, so there would be servers scattered around everywhere in order to make the ordering smoother. Because traffic is never evenly balanced, isn't it possible some things could happen out of order? Say, the confirmation email went out before your order actually got reported back to the mothership (now in orbit around Titan). Have a traffic backup there, and our place in line doesn't jibe with the email timestamps.

Meanwhile, in England...

All those bastards took our space gray watches.

CASEACE79

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2011
This is how it should have worked. Every watch style and size aside from the edition should have shipped with a black sports band and additional bands would be x amount extra. The black band is pretty unisex and would have worked for most. It would also have negated people from later ship windows getting theirs 1st due to an over abundance of whatever band they chose. There are just way too many configurations to accommodate everyone equally. And this way you create excitement on the delivery of the watch and on the delivery of the extra bands.

er2429

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
I wonder if we make too much of the timestamps on the confirmation emails. The only way to do massive scaling for something like this is by being highly distributed, so there would be servers scattered around everywhere in order to make the ordering smoother. Because traffic is never evenly balanced, isn't it possible some things could happen out of order? Say, the confirmation email went out before your order actually got reported back to the mothership (now in orbit around Titan). Have a traffic backup there, and our place in line doesn't jibe with the email timestamps.

Meanwhile, in England...

All those bastards took our space gray watches.

I work on cloud systems that do this sort of thing. This is part of it. The problem is that their are typically front-end servers that pick up the order requests and push orders on a queue to be placed in the database. There probably is some level of orders getting mixed up in sequence because they are all coming from different servers but who knows. Either way, it seems like they pretty grossly f'ed this one up as there are people who ordered the same configuration who have a May date that are already getting Prepared for Shipment while others are still in processing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.