Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
I am thinking of getting an iPod Hi-Fi, but I want it to connect to my airport express & my TV...I made a graph to make it less confusing...it might take it a while to load though.

TV>RCA to headphone jack connector>iPod hifi (well actually the splitter...)
eMac>airport express (via) ethernet
printer>airport express
airtport express>iPod hifi (the splitter, actually, again.)

Does that make sense...? It is all very confusing...but the graph should make it understandable...well...heres the link to the graph...thanks in advance :)

http://imagecloset.com/8/03280525-setup.jpg

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Yeah i would say that would work out, nice set-up!!!

Nice graph, haha i love a good graph.

Rich.

markkk! said:
I am thinking of getting an iPod Hi-Fi, but I want it to connect to my airport express & my TV...I made a graph to make it less confusing...it might take it a while to load though.

TV>RCA to headphone jack connector>iPod hifi (well actually the splitter...)
eMac>airport express (via) ethernet
printer>airport express
airtport express>iPod hifi (the splitter, actually, again.)

Does that make sense...? It is all very confusing...but the graph should make it understandable...well...heres the link to the graph...thanks in advance :)

http://imagecloset.com/8/03280525-setup.jpg

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Should do, unless the Hi-Fi prevents splitting ? But i shouldn't think it would.

Rich.

markkk! said:
Thanks! I just didn't think that the splitter part would work.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
fatsoforgotso said:
Wait, are you USB'ing the audio from Airport Express to eMac?

Rich.

Nope, the printer goes to the USB in the airport express, i am ethernetting the eMac to the Airport express, so streaming stuff from the eMac to the airport express to the iPod hi-fi should work great, correct?

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
fatsoforgotso said:
Should do, unless the Hi-Fi prevents splitting ? But i shouldn't think it would.

Rich.

Yeah, the setup looks fine. I'll be interested in hearing how well it works. My only complaint with the Hi-Fi was having only one input, but if a splitter works, that solves that problem.

(Well, I have a second complaint too--the price--but there's nothing that can be done about that for the moment.)

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
It is gonna be fun setting all of this up :D

But I was thinking...you know those RCA switcher thingys?
like this but not ghetto....
RCA%20Switch%203PT.jpg

Well...I was thinking for the RCA in, I would get one of these...
EC.RCA.AH205.JPG

& then having the Hi-Fi to the RCA splitter switch thingy...
Then, I would plug in the RCA to Headphone converter into the RCA switcher that is connected to the airport express....
& then I would do the same with the TV....I think that this would actually work! That would be cool to be like 'hmm...let's watch TV & have sound with the ipod hi-fi' & then just switch the thing....and whne i wanna wirelessly stream music & stuff i can just switch the switch again!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I have a monster cable splitter hooked up with my Hi-Fi for Satellite output and AirPort Express output. It works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.