Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Its a miracle!

I love Sci-Fi but I do everything possible to be socially normal. My wife is an HGTV/Desperate Housewives gal... but she watched a few Battlestar Galatica episodes and now she is hooked and fiending for more since my season 2 DVDs end with Pegasas but in the time span of a sick day swears that there are 4 episodes that are a part of season two that are not on the DVD collection.

So if I buy them on iTunes - can I watch them on my TV?

I'm not going to sit and watch at my computer, nor my iPod frankly I think that is lame when I have a 65inch HDTV.

Any advice or suggestions of being able to watch iTune videos on a big TV?

Thanks in advance

IJ

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
EricNau said:
Do you have an iPod Video? You can hook it up to the TV with this cable.

It won't look good on that HDTV though. :(

Thank you for the information.

Well at least that is an option.

I'm convienced that season 2.5 DVDs will come out soon. She will have to wait. I liked the show alot but now that she is hooked it is all that much better a show. All these years together and finally she had joind 'The Dork Side":eek:

hahahhahhaha

macpastor

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2006
I use my iPod Video hooked to the TV, and although the pic is not as good as a DVD, it isn't bad. I can live with it on my 36" tube. Smaller TV would obviously look better.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Where does he say that he has an HDTV?? He just says he has a big tv and that his wife watches HGTV, not HD. I won't look great, but it will be good enough to enjoy the episode.

Enterprise8875

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2005
Yea I watch Battlestar along with a lot of other shows via my iPod on my TV all the time(I spend way to much money on iTunes). On non-HDTVs it looks just like it would if you were watching on SciFi and on my HDTV(32") it doesnt look as good but still pretty good and very watchable. And as we all know the larger the TV the worse it will look.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
wwooden said:
Where does he say that he has an HDTV?? He just says he has a big tv and that his wife watches HGTV, not HD. I won't look great, but it will be good enough to enjoy the episode.
From Original Post...
iriejedi said:
I'm not going to sit and watch at my computer, nor my iPod frankly I think that is lame when I have a 65inch HDTV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.