Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Originally posted by Billicus
Very good! :D Any other products in the works?

Thanks! Yes, I am currently starting to design a Sim SpaceColony game, it will be simular to Sim City 2000, but more advanced (and hopefully better graphics).

And a reminder that the game costs whatever you want, so please register it. If you want to pay a dollar, then pay that, if you want to pay 5, then pay that, but with no minimum price, please register :)

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
It sounds nice, it looks nice. But it doesn't play on my powerbook. I get the screen with the place to walk but my keys do not function. Even the command-Q etc do not work at all.

I wonder what that small startup screen with the green text is? Maybe you can hide it.

And I hate complete black screens since they show me the dead pixels so clearly...

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Originally posted by backspinner
It sounds nice, it looks nice. But it doesn't play on my powerbook. I get the screen with the place to walk but my keys do not function. Even the command-Q etc do not work at all.

I wonder what that small startup screen with the green text is? Maybe you can hide it.

And I hate complete black screens since they show me the dead pixels so clearly...

Hum... thats odd.. what OS/PB are you using? I havent had this problem before

The green text screen at the start is METAL basics startup screen, there is no way (right now) to get rid of it, but there will be soon.

Do you here music? How long are you waiting?

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Thats weird, I can't think of why its not working.

Just a reminder, the price starts at .01, so please register.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Originally posted by mymemory
It worked fine for me but I didn't understand level 2, the bomb didn't destry the wall.:(

hehe did you read the top instructions? You need to hold in an arrow and hit B at the same time, if you let up then hit B, you will drop the bomb on a normal floor tile.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Not bad, but the game play was a little sticky. Movement from one space to another is done in one step, not a smoother iteration of steps, that cover partial distances.

I'm assuming that most of the levels were for training and that the final game has some more challenging ones?

What did you use to create it?

D

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Originally posted by dukestreet
Not bad, but the game play was a little sticky. Movement from one space to another is done in one step, not a smoother iteration of steps, that cover partial distances.

I'm assuming that most of the levels were for training and that the final game has some more challenging ones?

What did you use to create it?

D

I should have made the movement smooth, but the way I programmed it made it go 1 step at a time, and after I was done I tried to make it smooth, but it wouldn't work.

The first 5 levels are training, then there are 5 demo levels, and when you register you get 20 new levels (some REALLY challenging ones are included).

I made it in METAL Basic, a free basic compiler for the mac with loads of features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.