Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
Hi,

can anyone recommend a cable to connect my MBP to my home stereo's optical input? I don't even know how to call this type of cable. I know it is similar to SPDIF, but I think SPDIF isn't necessarily related to optical output, just digital. I don't live in the U.S., and there are no apple stores around here, so i'd appriciate a well known manufacturing company. something like sony, panasonic etc.

Also, is there a cheaper alternative for Apple's DVI to S-Video/Composite connector? They charge 43$ for it in Israel. I think it's just a ripoff considering it costs 19$/15pounds anywhere else.

Thanks.

P.S.: Don't laught but... where the heck is the delete key on my MBP?!?!?! can't find it! LOL

Oded S.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
The delete key, as in the 'forward delete' that would be above the arrow keys on a normal keyboard? That would be Fn-Delete. If you can't find the physical delete key at all, what keyboard layout do you have (did you buy a US, French, etc. keyboard)?

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
matticus008 said:
The delete key, as in the 'forward delete' that would be above the arrow keys on a normal keyboard? That would be Fn-Delete. If you can't find the physical delete key at all, what keyboard layout do you have (did you buy a US, French, etc. keyboard)?

Hi,

I have a hebrew keyboard, but I'm pretty sure it's identical in layout to the U.S. keyboard. the keyboard is a macbook pro keyboard. i have no problem locating in on the regular imac keyboard. but here, there isn't a key with "delete" or "del" written on it.

Edit: nevermind, i got it now. i have to press Fn-backspace. Wow, this is REALLY not intuitive...

Thanks!

Oded S.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
odedia said:
Hi,

I have a hebrew keyboard, but I'm pretty sure it's identical in layout to the U.S. keyboard. the keyboard is a macbook pro keyboard. i have no problem locating in on the regular imac keyboard. but here, there isn't a key with "delete" or "del" written on it.

Edit: nevermind, i got it now. i have to press Fn-backspace. Wow, this is REALLY not intuitive...

Thanks!

Oded S.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that Apple calls both keys "Delete" (one forward and one backward [the one called backspace on PC keyboards]). Interesting that the Hebrew keyboard uses a "Backspace" label...

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
matticus008 said:
Adding to the confusion is the fact that Apple calls both keys "Delete" (one forward and one backward [the one called backspace on PC keyboards]). Interesting that the Hebrew keyboard uses a "Backspace" label...

It does not use the "backspace" label, it's just how I call it from my PC days. :)
This is my first mac. It rocks. :)
Oded S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.