Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
http://infloop.blogspot.com said:
talking about this "new" iPod model. Basically they're putting Behind-
the-ear hearing aids in place of the regular headphones, which
interfaces with the iPod output signal. Apparently, one guy said they
might even include a set of microphones on the on the new headset so
that people can actually use it as an actual hearing aid device. Hmm... Response to the hearing loss lawsuits?

This guy may be on to something...I've got no idea, but it sounds cool and I thought I'd share. If not for the iPod, maybe for the Cellular Tellular?

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
That blog is quite interesting,

He seems to have some inside links as he posted a screenshot of bootcamp before it was released and talks of a 'big surprise' right before apple announce the new MacBook Pro with its name change from PowerBook.

About the iPod earphones, he also claims Apple are working on technology to enable deaf people to use iPods.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
TMA said:
About the iPod earphones, he also claims Apple are working on technology to enable deaf people to use iPods.

Deaf people can use iPods now, they just can't hear them, and I have a feeling that's gonna have to be the way it stays... :confused:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
No wonder why Apple doesn't like the blogs! This guy is pretty dead on about things. (Unless he quickly edits the dates?)

Either way im adding this to my bookmarks

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Hey guys,

Have a look what's been added to that blog today, it looks far too amateur to be anything official. I'm loosing faith in this guy/girl.

"So I recently came across this ad floating around the building. I figured I'd scan it in and post it:

Looks like marketing is trying to emphasize the fact that the hard of hearing can use this iPod and still communicate via sign language. It sure seems like the launch is just around the corner..."

Attachments

• ipod_deaf_ad-1.jpg
    ipod_deaf_ad-1.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 90

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
TMA said:
Hey guys,

Have a look what's been added to that blog today, it looks far too amateur to be anything official. I'm loosing faith in this guy/girl.

"So I recently came across this ad floating around the building. I figured I'd scan it in and post it:

Looks like marketing is trying to emphasize the fact that the hard of hearing can use this iPod and still communicate via sign language. It sure seems like the launch is just around the corner..."

Looks very fake...

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
That's what I thought, but the trusting optimist inside of me wants to believe this could just be an early mockup/concept illustration.

But yes it is pretty ugly.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
TMA said:
Hey guys,

Wow thats fake. Just how big is the market for deaf people? Would it really make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things?

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
The whole website is fake. In almost every post he mentions the fact he works at the Infinite Loop. It's too obviously a fake.

Some loser with an obsession.

Rich.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
TMA said:
He seems to have some inside links as he posted a screenshot of bootcamp before it was released and talks of a 'big surprise' right before apple announce the new MacBook Pro with its name change from PowerBook.
Blogger allows entry dates to be changed with wild abandon. Comments would expose such a thing, but there aren't any. It's not that I think this blog is entirely bogus, but ... yeah, I do think so.

[Edit: And sure enough, the Boot Camp image is dated 10 May.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.