Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coconn06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
I'm trying to build a unix application ("mdf2iso") on my PowerMac, for the purpose of converting a .mdf (windows Alcohol 120% disk image file) to .iso so I can mount it on my Mac. The instructions say to run the following commands in order:

1. ./configure
2. make
3. sudo make install

The problem comes when I run "make" (and then "sudo make install" even though the previous make command didn't work), I get the following output:

Code:
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Code:
Making install in src
test -z "/usr/local/bin" || mkdir -p -- "/usr/local/bin"
  /usr/bin/install -c 'mdf2iso' '/usr/local/bin/mdf2iso'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.

I posted this in another thread, but I think the Mac Programming forum is more appropriate for this particular issue. Any ideas?

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
I've just tried to compile mdf2iso and it looks like just the install script is failing.

Change directory into the src directory contained in the mdf2iso source directory. In this directory you should find the mdf2iso command and be able to run it by typing ./mdf2iso.

If you need this program for more than this one conversion, just put the executable somewhere like in your home directory and add that location to your shell path.

coconn06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
mrichmon said:
I've just tried to compile mdf2iso and it looks like just the install script is failing.

Change directory into the src directory contained in the mdf2iso source directory. In this directory you should find the mdf2iso command and be able to run it by typing ./mdf2iso.

If you need this program for more than this one conversion, just put the executable somewhere like in your home directory and add that location to your shell path.

Thank you, that worked :D

Unfortunately the program didn't do what I needed it to do, but that's beside the point ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.