Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Feb 22, 2003, 07:16 PM   #1
wolfywolfbits
macrumors member

Question 12" Powerbook case?

What case would you recommend for the 12" powerbook?

I have been looking at the incase (www.gocase.com) and the willow (www.willowdesign.com) so far. Not sure which one I prefer
wolfywolfbits is offline   0
Old Feb 24, 2003, 06:15 PM   #2
Fitz
macrumors newbie

I would recommed WaterField designs, i have a sleeve for my powerbook with plans of getting one of their larger bags, at the website u can read the reviews.

Great craftsmanship, and great design

www.sfbags.com

late
fitz
Fitz is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:02 AM   #3
pdham
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to pdham
I have a Tom Bihn brian cell. It is a sleeve that can later be slipped into one of their bags. It is great. Soft foam cushining on the inside suspended in a corregated plastic shell. That is all wrapped in black nylon. It really is crafted well. My 15 pb fits like a glove and I know they make one for the 12. It seels for $50 and if you want a bag it is $80-120 more.

Paul
pdham is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:46 AM   #4
iJon
macrumors 604

i just ordered a bad from timbuk2 for about 120. that came with the medium bag and a laptop sleeve. i spend the extra money because i plan on making it my backpack replacement.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:31 AM   #5
timbloom
macrumors 6502a

i have the incase (the sleeve version) for my 12" ibook, I have had it for a year now. I have to say I love it, and have loved it since it was sitting on the shelf at the Apple corporate store in Cupertino, 1 Infinite Loop. (also works as a great souvineer, as I have yet to see one with the apple logo stamped into it like this one)
Really lightweight, a good amount of padding, and fit the ibook like a glove.
timbloom is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2003, 02:06 AM   #6
jaguarx
macrumors regular

Yea i've got an incase sleeve for mine, damn good, well padded, the strap is great, perfect for putting in another bag or even carrying on it's own. Tad too big for the 12" but not majorly so.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 02:18 PM   #7
Fitz
macrumors newbie

an advatage of www.sfbags.com is that there cases are sized for specific computers. For instance the case that i have fits my 12inch G4 like a glove because it was designed to. It is also made here in the USA which is a big plus for me as a buyer, i would much rather support some fellow americans when and if possible.

late
fitz
Fitz is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers