Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Feb 22, 2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

Must Read For Anyone Thinking G4 Upgrades

Otherworld computing has posted these reviews of upgrades for the Powermac. This is a must look if you have been thinking of taking your powermac to the next level.Also gives good comparison between dual and single machines.http://eshop.macsales.com/reviews If you are a mac gamer and concerned with frame rates check out performance tests from feb 21.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 06:37 AM   #2
KingArthur
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to KingArthur
Very good read. Thanks for the heads-up (even if I don't have a computer capable of even supporting such a card;-)). This definately puts the scores in perspective, but I wish they included the PowerMac 2x1.25Ghz model (or whatever the top speed is) b/c that would have been a much better comparison of whether or not one should buy a new mac or just upgrade their old one.

PM6500, 128MB, 40GB, Zip, CD, Ext CD-RW, 3.5in floppy, OS9.1, No Complaints!

P4Mobile, 256DDR, 20GB, CD-RW, WinXP, Lots of Problems ;-)
KingArthur is offline   0
Old Feb 23, 2003, 09:22 AM   #3
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

They did show a dual 1.2 powerlogix upgrade which should be very close to the mdd1.25. I thought it was very interesting seeing the difference between a L3 machine a non L3 like my 733. Also these benchmarks proved again that in gaming that 2nd cpu doesnt do a whole lot unless a game is programed to use it. I would look at the 1 gig mdd versus the 1 gig upgrades and that should give you an idea.This one graph that i borrowed was at 1280 x 1024 with a ati 9000 pro. SPOCK would say Fascinating! Sorry this was a bench on Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graph.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	4928  

Last edited by Dont Hurt Me; Feb 23, 2003 at 09:24 AM.
Dont Hurt Me is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers