Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Seriously searched, first off 90% of my results give me threads where people ask how to right click...

My mini has this really strange thing going on where any single clicking I do results in the equivalent of a doubleclick, so if i click ONCE on a stupid application to highlight it, it opens it instead...etc.

Doesn't happen in other user accounts, and I'm a bit too lazy to switch over because that's a bunch of work (assuming there's something wrong with something installed for my account only...copying over all the files would just reproduce the issue on a different account)..does the same thing with all mice, but my main one is a logitech g7.

i use usb overdrive (logitech doesn't make mac drivers for the g7), might that be part of the problem?

cheers.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Try adjusting the double-click speed in the keyboard/mouse preference pane or wherever USB Overdrive allows changes.

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
Same exact thing is happening on my brand new bluetooth mouse (BT500+). Never had this problem on the BT500 and it is driving me crazy. Sending it in tomorrow. Sigh.

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
bousozoku said:
Try adjusting the double-click speed in the keyboard/mouse preference pane or wherever USB Overdrive allows changes.
yeah, tried that :( everything from slowest to fastest, what the button does by default...it doubleclicks regardless. once in a while it doesn't doubleclick but it's too sporadic for me to figure out what it is that's making it not doubleclick.

Mr.nix

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2007
yeah, tried that :( everything from slowest to fastest, what the button does by default...it doubleclicks regardless. once in a while it doesn't doubleclick but it's too sporadic for me to figure out what it is that's making it not doubleclick.

I'm having the same problem on my mac book Pro. Its driving me nuts. I'm also using the G7 with steermouse.

slicedbread

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2006
try uninstalling the driver (whether steermouse/USB overdrive) and reinstalling, then rebooting.

also, are any of you running VMware? I have found that with VMware, occasionally it will conflit (i.e. ruin) my usb mouse or keyboard. It was more obvious when I was using LCC, but sometimes with steermouse as well.

Mr.nix

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2007
try uninstalling the driver (whether steermouse/USB overdrive) and reinstalling, then rebooting.

also, are any of you running VMware? I have found that with VMware, occasionally it will conflit (i.e. ruin) my usb mouse or keyboard. It was more obvious when I was using LCC, but sometimes with steermouse as well.

I tried that and didn't have any luck. Everything lately has been running kind of strange. Now that I think about it it all kind of started at the same time. I think I narrowed it down to when I installed cleardock. It install something called APE and after doing some research, it seem to be the problem. Removed it and now everything is back to normal.

RolloM

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
Seriously searched, first off 90% of my results give me threads where people ask how to right click...

My mini has this really strange thing going on where any single clicking I do results in the equivalent of a doubleclick, so if i click ONCE on a stupid application to highlight it, it opens it instead...etc.

Looks like a hardware defect. I have the same problem with a bt500 and a bt500+ mouse her on a Windows XP PC. Unfortunately Bluetake did not answer my corresponding question the last time I asked. Did anyone get a confirmation for that defect?

Guess I'll have to return both mice. Very annoying.

Simon

RolloM

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
"Don't buy"

Bluetake still have not answered my support request. Looks like I have to advise anyone considering to buy BT500 mouse not to do so. Because: What is a two years manufacturer warranty worth if they do not react to corresponding requests?

smcclafferty

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2008
Issues Double Click

This double clicking is driving me crazy! You indicated that you removed the APE? Does the APE fall into itunes as well? Should I unistall itunes?

Shawn

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
I have a wireless Logitech mouse. It sometimes thinks a single click is a double click. Usually that means it's about time to change the battery.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
This double clicking is driving me crazy! You indicated that you removed the APE? Does the APE fall into itunes as well? Should I unistall itunes?

Shawn

APE is not iTunes, there is no need to uninstall iTunes.

Here:

To uninstall Application Enhancer either:

Prior to version 2.0:

Click on APE Manager or Application Enhancer in System Preferences. Choose the Uninstall option under the Information tab.

Version 2.0 and newer:

Click on Application Enhancer in System Preferences. Click the "Troubleshooting..." button in the About tab. Click the "Uninstall Application Enhancer..." button and follow the instructions.

OR

Download the Application Enhancer installer from unsanity.com/haxies/ape run it and click uninstall.

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
Sorry for the bump but here goes...

Sometimes I notice that a single click equals a double click both on my iMac AND my macbook. It usually does it directly after I've double clicked on one thing and then single click on something in the same position as what I double clicked on. What helps for me is holding down the mouse button for a second while doing the single click. Try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.