Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The screen went bad on my Nano. It has lines running through it. This was caused by damage as it was setting on my desk for a week before I turned it on and noticed the problem.

My questions are:
1. I bought it in Oct-2005 at Best Buy, it was about 99 days left of the warranty according to Apple's site. Can I return it to an Apple Store without a receipt?

2. Do I have to talk to a Genius or will any worker at the store do?

3. Do I need to bring the box, cables, etc. in or just the iPod?

Thanks

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
You can take it to the Apple store. I would guess you'll have to talk to a genius, and all you'll need is the iPod.

You can also fill out Apple's iPod repair form online, and they will send you a box, and you can ship it off to them. But if an apple store is nearby, I would just go there.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Koodauw said:
You can take it to the Apple store. I would guess you'll have to talk to a genius, and all you'll need is the iPod.

You can also fill out Apple's iPod repair form online, and they will send you a box, and you can ship it off to them. But if an apple store is nearby, I would just go there.

Thanks for the info. I guess I am also wondering if they will exchange it right at the Apple Store or will they send it in for repair?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Cant answer that one for you. Never had any experience with broken iPods taken to an apple store.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Sorry to post a thread stealer, but how do you check about iPod warranty online?
I just got a used nano and I wanted to check if it has an warranty left.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Vader said:
Sorry to post a thread stealer, but how do you check about iPod warranty online?
I just got a used nano and I wanted to check if it has an warranty left.

Check the Apple Support page...right side, most of the way down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.