Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riel505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Dubai
hi!

i'm looking for a photo collage software, the one where you create a main or primary image using tons of smaller photos. i don't know what you call that type of collage so i'm not able to do a proper online search.

can anybody point me to a good one? and hopefully a free app?

i love creating collages with photoshop but it's so paintaking! picasa2 does a mean job when i'm using my office pc - but that's as far as it goes. sigh. and what i want to do now is the one with the bigger picture -- can't make it manually even if i try to select the colour tones. i need an automated program...

oh please help...

riel505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Dubai
Applespider said:
I played around with this one a few times

MacOSaiX but it can be a little temperamental and the results can either be very good or very average.

thanks! have you tried printing? how is it with large format prints?

riel505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Dubai
tobefirst said:
To help you search more, I believe what you're looking for is typically called a photomosaic.

great!!! a photomosaic - dunno why but that totally slipped my mind. thanks for the links and the term. ;)

i tried macosaix last night, didn't realize that the tons of photos i had would not be enough for one pic. :eek: but it's getting me addicted... i'm experimenting with it.

riel505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Dubai
Applespider said:
I played around with this one a few times

MacOSaiX but it can be a little temperamental and the results can either be very good or very average.

ei! been using it for two days, it would complete the photo and fill in all the spaces but once i save it as jpeg, the result is missing more than a couple of dozen photos! :eek: i've been putting it manually in. have you experienced this or know how to solve it? thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.