Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
I know this has been said before (but that was a while ago - like so ) but i was wondering if there is any possible way to do this, help would be so appreciated its almost unbelievable........

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
have u considered osmossis? Other than that or the superglue sounds like its impossible unless you use telpathy wait no doesn't seem possible your only option will be to hook up that imac to a newr mac and syncing the ipod to a newer mac although i don't know your current setup.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
have u considered osmossis? Other than that or the superglue sounds like its impossible unless you use telpathy wait no doesn't seem possible your only option will be to hook up that imac to a newr mac and syncing the ipod to a newer mac although i don't know your current setup.

Well, its not actually for me, i have no problem with my ipod its great, its a friend of mine who bought a 2nd hand ipod and assumed he had a firewire connection on his imac - which he subsequently found out that he didnt.

No other macs are available to him..

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
there may be one way, there are external hard drives that have both USB and Firewire ports on them. if you transfer the iTunes library to the disk via USB you may be able to tranfer the files to the Pod via Firwire. that's the only way i could think of.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Originally posted by IndyGopher
Harmoni card from Sonnet

Damn, i was looking for maybe a little converter or something, oh well, i dont see him spending that kind of money on it (although it does have a processor upgrade but i dont really think he wants that).

Well, thanks for the help (ahhh i love ye guys :D ) , ill see what he says.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
If you have a pre-firewire mac i think you should be buying a new comp before you buy an ipod lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.