Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

javabear90

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
Houston, TX
I have been wondering what other photographers do for printing. Do you have your own printer, do you have a commercial printing service, or do you do something different all together.
I have a Cannon i9900, however I don't use it much because I think the prints are bad. I have signed up with a commercial printing service and the quality is much better, it is cheaper, and the color is spot on every time. The only issue is, it takes a day or two for the prints to get here.

It seems that as the world gets more and more high tech, the need for printing seems to have gone down. However, it seems that most professional photographers still sell prints almost exclusively and never sell the original digital files.

-Ted

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I crop mine down in iPhoto burn them to CD and have them printed at the local photo store.

49c a print for 5x7 is not too shabby at all, 4x6 is just too small to really do them justice.

Gamey

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2006
Scotland
I use an Epson 2400 for the small stuff and an Epson 7800 for the big stuff. All my customers like the results and all come back for more.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
I use my printer at home for some smaller things, or for pictures that don't need to look insanely great. Sometimes I use Costco for film and digital since they're cheap and do a fairly decent job. Otherwise, if it's something fancy I get it printed at more professional place.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Normally Costco/Sam's, especially since they are really affordable. Every once in a while, iPhoto direct turns out to be cheaper - when it does, I just order that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.