Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 30, 2006, 05:40 PM   #1
buffalo
macrumors 65816

Creating a Venn Diagram using Word...

I need to make a venn diagram for an English assignment. Is the any tempate or formatting available to type out the diagram (including the text, not just the circles)? I have the Student Edition of Office or could install my trial of iWork '06 if it's easier there.

Thanks!
buffalo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:55 PM   #2
buffalo
macrumors 65816

I found this Microsoft help page, but can't seem to find the Mac buttons.

Am I missing anything?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:11 PM   #3
buffalo
macrumors 65816

bumping this once...

Not a big deal if no one knows, I guess I'll have to cut and paste onto a seperate piece of paper.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:24 PM   #4
thedude110
macrumors 68020

You could certainly use the oval drawing tool to make two overlapping circles and then put three textboxes into the appropriate area.

The second to last link on this page will give you a Venn diagram template (I tested the download and can vouch for its being legit), but I didn't try to type into the diagram, etc.

Hope this helps.
thedude110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:22 PM   #5
buffalo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude110
You could certainly use the oval drawing tool to make two overlapping circles and then put three textboxes into the appropriate area.

The second to last link on this page will give you a Venn diagram template (I tested the download and can vouch for its being legit), but I didn't try to type into the diagram, etc.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the template! I was able to type into it well enough using textboxes.

This thread has surved its purpose, so feel free to lock/delete this thread if you want.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:28 PM   #6
thugpoet22
macrumors regular

You could just simply google for it. There are many websites that show that type of diagram. I use them all the time when i teach. Search the net, im sure you should be able to find something.
thugpoet22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 12:48 AM   #7
shan4djfun
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
I need to make a venn diagram for an English assignment. Is the any tempate or formatting available to type out the diagram (including the text, not just the circles)? I have the Student Edition of Office or could install my trial of iWork '06 if it's easier there.

Thanks!
You can complete a complete diagram using word, or visio. But it is bit hard to cope with unless you are good with visio. My suggestion is to try a visio alternative. There are few good ones out there with easy tutes as well. This Visio alternative can solve your problem

SEO Sri Lanka

Last edited by shan4djfun; May 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
shan4djfun is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store