Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

werepillow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
I've seen a great stupid questions thread by tazo, but it's been closed. What is the stupidest question/story you have?

For me, easy. Got the Mac Book, and my friend asked me why i would get a laptop that only worked when I connected it to another computer...
I brought him over to my house to show him that it did work w/out any assistance. He brought out a CD-R, and told me that i could'nt get any of the songs from it. I put it in, and imported every one into itunes, and copied some of my synched songs on to his CD-R. He asked me why I would get it if I could not get games for it because it has no video card. I told him that's why I have an alienware desktop. He called me a hypocrite, and bought the mac book a month later... :confused:

He's much better w/ pc's then I am, but i kick his MicroAss on a mac any day, at least I converted him.:D

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I can't stand ignorant Windows users. They say the stupidest things sometimes and it makes me think "Why would anyone even say that?"

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I bought my mini at Best Buy. Picked up a 17" lcd, too. Paid, and went to leave when the security geek checked my reciept. I had display under one arm, mini in the other and he says, "where is the computer?"!:eek:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
On a different (local) forum, I asked whether the DVD players sold here are region-free by law or convenience (Apple's aren't, so I wanted to find out whether I could complain). Despite having asked a question about legality, one Windows user piped up with "that's what you get for having a Mac!"

A different member then posted this: :)

Baz said:
I hate working with Windows nubs like [that guy] :p

Typical scenario when i go to site.
windows admin: zomg this box has no windowz i dont know what to do.
me: ya its AIX
windows admin: but but it sux!
me: dude it is the fastest midrange platform in the world and it scales to super computer what u talking about?
windows admin: but can it do this... *applies changes, reboots server*
me: umm ya u right it cant do that... :(

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Which is the best anti-virus? :p :D

I've converted 3 people to Mac :cool: !

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Gah, I hate windoze users who've never seen a mac before!

Some of them ask the sales reps why it's so different and they reply that IT'S A MAC DAMMIT!
So they (PC morons) go "So how does it wok if it doesnt have windoze"

Aargh, I cant believe the arrogance of PC users LIVING IN THEIR LITTLE BUBBLES free of all other OSes! They must honestly be shot!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I always laugh when they try and tell me that my PowerBook can't talk to any Cisco kit, as it "doesn't have Telnet". They're still denying it after I've plugged into their network and reconfigured all their routers onto SSH.

To which they can't connect, because Windows.....:D

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
weird. everyone i meet loves my mac. no stupid comments nor questions.

really. never ever.

srf4real said:
I bought my mini at Best Buy. Picked up a 17" lcd, too. Paid, and went to leave when the security geek checked my reciept. I had display under one arm, mini in the other and he says, "where is the computer?"!:eek:

that's a great story.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Slightly alarmingly, I once caught our conference suite manager telling a delegate that he couldn't connect his PowerBook by VGA to the internal projection system as 'it didn't connect to Macs'. Not that she has the slightest clue what she's talking about...

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
According to a visitor to our studio a while back, our Macs use 'different internets' from PCs. Fancy that, eh? :rolleyes:

I hate all those different internets.

Glen Quagmire

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
I once saw on Usenet someone ask about the special type of hard drives used by Macs. This was only a few years ago, and Macs were using standard IDE drives at the time and had been for a while.

To be fair, though, many Mac users are similarly clueless when it comes to PCs.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Jasonbot said:
Aargh, I cant believe the arrogance of PC users LIVING IN THEIR LITTLE BUBBLES free of all other OSes! They must honestly be shot!

Whoa, that's a reversed argument. I always thought the argument went the other way! :D

...Well, sans the violence, of course.

And I've encountered my fair share of "pointed questions" about why I use a Macintosh. My main response is, "Because I can." and leave it at that. I don't feel the need to deal with confrontation or justify my choice in computing platform. As though it were a major life-altering decision or something... though I do find it amusing when I'm told what I can't do on a Macintosh.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Lixivial said:
Whoa, that's a reversed argument. I always thought the argument went the other way! :D

...Well, sans the violence, of course.

And I've encountered my fair share of "pointed questions" about why I use a Macintosh. My main response is, "Because I can." and leave it at that. I don't feel the need to deal with confrontation or justify my choice in computing platform. As though it were a major life-altering decision or something... though I do find it amusing when I'm told what I can't do on a Macintosh.

I need to get better at handling those situations like that. When I get asked the question, I just want to tear their head off... but seriously, it just makes me want to go into a huge argument since I am so passionate about Macs. But I think your "because I can" comment is good enough. :)

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Yeah, I <3 the "because i can" thing. lots of ppl @ school says macs ae gay just 'coz they look cool! I hate it.

But some people really dont know about other OSes:eek: and they cant comprehend something as different as the mac OS!

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Jaffa Cake said:
Indeed. Like a big series of tubes, so they are...
HEY! i got a pneu-mail!

i know what you guys are talking about, some people are just SO STUPID! what i really hate is when salespeople are dumb, and yet I get turned down for the job that they are screwing up!!! You know because i'm under 18, that means i have no idea about computers. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.