Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Hey there,
I've been tracing over a photo of myself in Illustrator to draw myself in vector shapes, with the idea of bringing the files to Kinkos tomorrow to have them printed out on hi-res glossy paper.

I guess my only potential mistake was not measuring the dimensions of the image out before I began, but I know that with vector, image pixellation and distortion really isn't a problem. I know how to resize individual shapes on seperate layers, but how can I resize in equal proportion the entire drawing, including all of the layers should I find that mine isn't big enough to print? Do I have to flatten them all first or what? What do I click on?

Thanks alot!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Not sure if Illustrator has te feature, I know PS does.

Can you create a folder? If so, drag all the layers you want to be resized into that folder. Now resize that folder like you would normally with a single layer.

Hope that helps.

macaddicted

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Down on Copperline...
AFAIK so long as none of the layers are locked you should be able to do a select all (cmd-A) and scale. I usually use the scale tool and option-click to bring up the scale dialog window.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Unlock all the layers, select all, click on the selection tool (black arrow), then shift-drag to stretch. That should be all there is to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.