Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superscientific

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2003
Spring Hill, TN
did u guys see this? it is kinda cool

home_feature_icurve.jpg

wish they keyboard and mouse were really that color =)

Danny

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Re: iCurve

Originally posted by superscientific
wish they keyboard and mouse were really that color

I'm using a white pro keyboard and mouse right now... it comes with the iMacs (and now the Power Macs)...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
yep the icurve is real nice. ive used one and i like it a lot. no macs ship with black keyboard and mice anymore. its all white. you have to buy the black seperatly.

iJon

DrGrip84

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2002
east lansing, MI
yep the icurve is real nice. ive used one and i like it a lot. no macs ship with black keyboard and mice anymore. its all white. you have to buy the black seperatly.

No macs ship w/Black Keyboard & Mice :confused: ?

My friend just got a new dual 1.25 in December and his came with the black pro mouse and keyboard. Has this changed?

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by DrGrip84

My friend just got a new dual 1.25 in December and his came with the black pro mouse and keyboard. Has this changed?

According to members of the board, yes. I got a machine with black in November and a friend of mine got the same in December. This must have come along with the 1.42.

Apple can force white keys on me, but they can't make me like it!

Dan

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i'm still a fan of the podium pad. I liek the adjstable angle and the relative closeness to the desk if you want. just my concept.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
i dont see the point, why not use the laptop keyboard with a mouse. why put it on a stand?
i dont get it.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by DrGrip84

did you see my keyword "anymore". trust me i would know, emacs, imacs, powermacs come with white keybaords and mice. only left over stock of the old imac will have the black.

iJon

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by beatle888
i dont see the point, why not use the laptop keyboard with a mouse. why put it on a stand?
i dont get it.

Putting it on the stand helps ventilation.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by beatle888
i dont get it.
plus it gives you a full size keyboard, a nice mouse and puts the laptop and eye level to make it feel more like a desktop.

iJon

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Originally posted by iJon
plus it gives you a full size keyboard, a nice mouse and puts the laptop and eye level to make it feel more like a desktop.

iJon

what is with people using laptops as desktops? honestly. the keyword is 'lap'

FlamDrag

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2003
Western Hemisphere
Originally posted by daniel77

Let's play the word find game. Find the word 'lap' in this word:

- Notebook -

They are not marketed as 'laptops' they are 'notebooks' or 'portables'.

Also, look up 'ergonomics' - then use a notebook all day every day and you'll see why folks want to have their screen - keyboard and mouse all at a more comfortable position than normal.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA

What's wrong with people using 'laptops' as desktops? Honestly. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I used my "laptop' on my lap. It's usually on a table or on an airplane tray.

And BTW, I don't keep my desktop on a desk, either. :D

As for the iCurve, it's a great notebook stand. In addition to better cooling and a more comfortable viewing angle, you can store the keyboard under your notebook when not using it, freeing up deskspace.

Alte22a

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2003
back in London
I must agree that the stand is pretty niffty but when I arrive home I work on the Desk top. But I guess some people dont have a desk top. So the Notebook/laptop thingy double as one. Guess its nice to arrive home onto the icurve. I mean you dont carry the icurve plus keyboard and mouse around do you. Its just plain nice to work at when you get home...

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002

it seems like you don't know the magic of 802.11b. A laptop is excellent for surfing almost anywhere in the house but when you need to crack down and work on something theres no better substitue for a desk, ext montior, ext keyboard and mouse. Its more like why do you buy a desktop when you can use a stand and have a laptop around your house tooo, hmmm.

BillyShears

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2003

Lots of people prefer to have the same workstation at home as they do at work. At work, which is primarily Windows-based, I bring in my notebook, and have it at home. I do not want to haul a PowerMac from my house to work every day.

I rarely use it on my lap, except when lounging.

Oh, and for the record, I don't like the stand idea. What I am going to do is get an external monitor. 12" doesn't cut it when you have to be far away from it (like when using an external keyboard)

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
yea that thing's pretty cool. they have a 15" TiBook on one at the roosevelt field store, but as i was playing with it, it slipped off the back and almost fell off. luckily nobody saw. :cool:

puffmarvin

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2001
NY
Originally posted by beez7777
yea that thing's pretty cool. they have a 15" TiBook on one at the roosevelt field store, but as i was playing with it, it slipped off the back and almost fell off. luckily nobody saw. :cool:

i saw. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.