Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonstable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I don't think there is a driver for this? Am I right? Has anyone else got this camera, or any Cybershot camera? I am working on an Intel Mac, the camera will not appear on my desktop. The cable is fine, it's just since I have put it into my new Intel Mac (operating on 10.4.8) it won't do a thing.
I have rang up Sony, they say that there is no support for this mac? Can that be right?
Please let me know if you have got this camera working on your intel mac.
Thanks

downhillboy86

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2006
San Luis Obispo, CA
I don't think there is a driver for this? Am I right? Has anyone else got this camera, or any Cybershot camera? I am working on an Intel Mac, the camera will not appear on my desktop. The cable is fine, it's just since I have put it into my new Intel Mac (operating on 10.4.8) it won't do a thing.
I have rang up Sony, they say that there is no support for this mac? Can that be right?
Please let me know if you have got this camera working on your intel mac.
Thanks

Thats interesting. I have the exact same camera and an Intel iMac; I just did a plug and play. I can grab pictures off my camera, delete them, everything. Obviously I don't have the Sony software installed on the computer. If you can't get it to work, I would call Apple, sounds to me like it may be on their end. The computer should be reading it.

Bonstable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Thanks

Yes Sesshi you've got it in one! Causes it to load only into the iPhoto programme rather than on the desktop as a drive. Many thanks for your help. Got it sorted now.
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.