Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Hey,

does anyone know a good Graphmatica equivalent for OS X? I've tried geoMac and EdenGraph, but like neither of those.

EdenGraph can't plot multiple curves at the same time, and while dragging, the curves disappear, while with geoMac I have to manually specify the range when drawing a graph of the function, and I don't know how to get the coordinate of a point on the graph.

Jaka

jakaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, I have and I use Mathematica, though I'm really not that experienced in it, and drawing graphs of functions was much simpler in Graphmatica :rolleyes:

Am3822

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2006
Groningen, The Netherlands
What sort of plots are you after? I haven't used graphmatic, but basic plotting (2D/3D) in Mathematica is not that complicated. Mind you, getting the `fiddly bits' right takes some effort.

If you're plotting from numerical data, then I suggest that you use Matlab/Octave.

jakaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
I'm plotting functions, not graphs based on any imported values.

You're probably right, I'll take a better look at plotting graphs in Mathematica, that way I can, at least, use the same tool for all my (current) Mathematical needs.

jakaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Heh, who would have thought: /Applications/Utilities/Grapher.app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.