Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
This morning, i have noticed that the shortcut for "SAVE" (apple+S) doesnt want to work. For example, i want to save some just edited document and - nothing. I have to choose the option from the menu...

Pls, could somebody help me?

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
What app are you running this in? Do you have any key changing apps installed? :)

Apple+S doesnt work for me at all. Even in TextEdit or Safari... And i have no key changing applications... i dont understand...

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, do you have Microsoft Office? If so, try it there. Also, create a new user account and see if it works there too. While we're at it, check that the keys work individually. Does COMMAND-H hide an app? Does OPTION-S give you some strange symbol? :)

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Okay, do you have Microsoft Office? If so, try it there. Also, create a new user account and see if it works there too. While we're at it, check that the keys work individually. Does COMMAND-H hide an app? Does OPTION-S give you some strange symbol? :)

No, i dont have microsoft office.
Ok, but i tried to create some new account and everything was fine there...
Anyway, in my account other shortcuts seems to be all right

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
No, i dont have microsoft office.
Ok, but i tried to create some new account and everything was fine there...
Anyway, in my account other shortcuts seems to be all right

You might have been playing around in the keyboard control panel.

EDIT: I mean System Preference panel. I've been working in Mac OS 7 a lot tonight and I'm very tired now...

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
You might have been playing around in the keyboard control panel.

EDIT: I mean System Preference panel. I've been working in Mac OS 7 a lot tonight and I'm very tired now...

No, i havent changed there even a thing...

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Have you installed anything since last using the shortcut?

hm, thats true, i tried menufela, menushade, iThemeOS, hardware monitor just few days ago... but i have already uninstalled all those applications...

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
hm, thats true, i tried menufela, menushade, iThemeOS, hardware monitor just few days ago... but i have already uninstalled all those applications...
Including the prefs, etc? I would Spotlight them, drag everything to do with them to the trash, then restart.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Well, the words clutching and straws spring to mind but I guess my next step would be to open in turn the applications I usually use (ideally all those used since the problem started) and see if Apple-S has been appropriated by any of them. Of course it shouldn't make a difference once the application is closed but at least it might highlight a conflict.

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Well, the words clutching and straws spring to mind but I guess my next step would be to open in turn the applications I usually use (ideally all those used since the problem started) and see if Apple-S has been appropriated by any of them. Of course it shouldn't make a difference once the application is closed but at least it might highlight a conflict.

Really, no clue... no highlighted conflicts, no other problems...
maybe i will reinstall the system.... the final solution... :( funny, just for one small shortcut, but... you probably know that feeling :)
anyway, thank you guys....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.