Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
NY
Anybody know about Virex for OS X? I want to get it, but I haven't heard anything. Do you guys know anything? Thanks

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Virex 7

It runs OK on my B&W G3, but SLOOOOOOOWLY.

Nice update to your icon there, eyelikeart, maybe you could make it blink and really freak some people out! :p

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Virex 7

Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Nice update to your icon there, eyelikeart, maybe you could make it blink and really freak some people out! :p

I keep forgetting I can do that....even though I've probably freaked out enough people around here already....ha ha ha!!! :D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
NAV has been available for the Mac for months now... Besides the fact that it is not tied to a serial number makes it a sweet choice if you own more then one system. Getting updates is a snap, and it runs fairly fast (depending on your system). I do know that I cannot use the LiveUpdate from behind our corporate firewall. BUT, I can go out to their site, grab the update in all of a few minutes and then push the definitions to all of the other systems.

I'd say that it is well worth the money. I will be getting NSW2 when it is actually available (I have NSW1 now so it will just be an update for me :D). That will include version 8 of NAV... It seems like they release a new version every 1 to 1-1/2 years....

eyelikeart, nice mod to your avatar.... I will probably be modifying mine in about 4 weeks (sometime after March 23rd :D).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.