Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...

Apple has updated their website with a New Year's greeting and a teaser:

The first 30 years were just the beginning.
Welcome to 2007.

The last time Apple posted pre-Macworld teasers was in 2002. Apple changed the message of their website daily in the week leading up to Macworld San Francisco 2002:

- This one is big. Even by our standards
- Count the days. Count the minutes. Count on being blown away.
- Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond
- It's like a backstage pass to the future
- To boldly go where no PC has gone before
- Full speed ahead: Lust Factor Ten
- Just one more sleepless night

The 2002 lead up brought the flat panel iMac, iPhoto, Mac OS X as standard boot and 14" iBook.

In the meanwhile, review our Macworld Roundup but clearly Apple expects to impress us in 2007.

Article Link: Apple.com: 'The first 30 years were just the beginning... Welcome to 2007'

Last edited by a moderator:

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple.com: 'The First 30 years were just the beginning... Welcome to 2007'

Apple has updated their website with a New Year's greeting and a teaser:

firstthirty.jpg

The first 30 years were just the beginning.
Welcome to 2007.

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Uhhhhhh... wow :eek:

This usually doesn't happen. I think this is basically proof that something BIIIIIIIIIIIG is coming at MWSF.

Wowowowow

hokullani

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2006
does anyone else notice that the apple logo in it is shiny black, just like in time machine and the same that itunes is starting to become, anyone wonder if that is going to be the new look?

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
that image is decidedly un-apple. the balance is all off and the light rays aren't coming from a consistent source. the distortion in the upper left of the apple coupled with the bit mark being cropped make it look more like a rotten apple.

still could be big. i recall two other times apple teased like this*... the first was the cart/screwdriver/cookie teaser that happened shortly after jobs returned to apple. the second was a few years back and the "even the rumors sites will be surprised" (or similar).

if memory serves both time people were underwhelmed. i don't think the hype around this MWSF could be any higher so i suspect we'll be disappointed again.

still the tease does seem to indicate a major shift for apple. they're basically already in the business, but maybe we see a massive shift in to the CE market.

* i think many of the current teases like "it's showtime" are already so widely known they hardly qualify as a tease.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.