Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I've seen this on my old MacBook Pro 15.4" Core Duo, it was with Flip4Mac. No matter what I did, it wouldn't mount the disk image. I even sent the same file that wouldn't work on mine to a friend and it worked fine. Now I see it again on my new 17" MBP C2D. What is up with this? I download the file over and over, from different places, and it just refuses to mount.

The one I got direct from Adobe doesn't work either, torrented ones don't either. This is really frustrating...

screenshot10uf.png

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
wtf? Now I know there's something really fishy going on ... I just tried it again and it worked fine. :confused: :rolleyes:

Yannick

macrumors member
Exact same problem here on my new MBP 17'' (see signature, all is up-to-date). A second download for Graphic converter (73 MB) solved it, but 4 downloads for TechTool Pro (599.5 MB) from 3 different places (including from Apple Store), trying with safari and firefox, didn't work. A friend downloaded on iMac CoreDuo without problem the first time… I don't know if my Hard Drive is faulty???

I've seen this on my old MacBook Pro 15.4" Core Duo, it was with Flip4Mac. No matter what I did, it wouldn't mount the disk image. I even sent the same file that wouldn't work on mine to a friend and it worked fine. Now I see it again on my new 17" MBP C2D. What is up with this? I download the file over and over, from different places, and it just refuses to mount.

The one I got direct from Adobe doesn't work either, torrented ones don't either. This is really frustrating...

screenshot10uf.png

Yannick

macrumors member
Went to the Apple Store today. They found out that the 2x2 GB RAM was faulty. Putting back in the original 2x1 GB RAM and (erase &) reinstall the system solved the problem. Now I need to return the faulty RAM.

NewYorkYogi

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
codec overrun solution

I got the codec overrun message when attempting to mount .dmg's that I created from DVDs I burned. Very disturbing. The solution I stumbled across was to click the Skip button while the .dmg Verification dialog was up. Presto, it mounted. :cool: Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.