Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 10, 2007, 07:54 AM   #1
LastLine
macrumors 65816

Making video show as TV shows in iTunes

So I remember doing this in the past but I can't think for the life of me how.

I've got iSquint to convert my AVI's through to the appropriate video format, but I think it just sets them as movies. I remember having another piece of software in the past that made them into "TV Shows" in iTunes, can anyone help a guy out here? Don't necessarily need a link so much as a name.
LastLine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Axegrinder
macrumors regular

All I do is open iTunes, select the "movies" heading under "library", then drag my mp4 file from finder onto the window in iTunes. When it's finished copying the file in to iTunes, you get a liitle preview of the movie. Right-click, Get Info. Under the video tab change video from movie to TV Show. Now it appears under TV Shows and is available from Front-Row.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:14 AM   #3
net26
macrumors member

lostify
Old Feb 10, 2007, 09:05 AM   #4
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axegrinder View Post
All I do is open iTunes, select the "movies" heading under "library", then drag my mp4 file from finder onto the window in iTunes. When it's finished copying the file in to iTunes, you get a liitle preview of the movie. Right-click, Get Info. Under the video tab change video from movie to TV Show. Now it appears under TV Shows and is available from Front-Row.
I do the same... the only irritating thing about this process is that fields like the name of the TV show are not auto-complete, which is already in most places in iTunes and shouldn't be hard to implement. Not every field, but at least the show name, which repeats a lot. But otherwise, it just takes a few seconds to make this change after iSquint has dumped the video in iTunes.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:04 AM   #5
LastLine
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by net26 View Post
lostify
Actually that might just be the one I had in mind....

*googles the link and goes to check*
LastLine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:43 PM   #6
GanjaManja
macrumors newbie

Doug's Applescript

This Script sets the video type to whatever you want. You can select multiple videos too!
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...kindofselected

Put it in your [Home]/Library/iTunes/Scripts folder.
GanjaManja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 09:41 AM   #7
Krevnik
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLine View Post
Actually that might just be the one I had in mind....

*googles the link and goes to check*
I also vote for Lostify. iTunes only 'temporarily' sets the flag in its own database, so if you have to restore your library from a backup, you lose a lot of these flags. This is not the case if you tagged it using Lostify.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store