Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 18, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Texas04
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Texas04
"Double Click To Open"

Well our Video Program was thinking of ideas on how to get more people to watch our monthly newscast. I had an idea that we could put our newscast as a file on the schools server and have people click a "link" in their e-mail to open up the file.
The path to the movie file would always be the same T:\CKS10340\jvtv.wmv
(It has to be .wmv or .avi in order for the Windows computers to work)

My Question:
I know that there is a .bat type of file that can auto-open files. I was wondering if there was a code out there that I could put in a .bat file that would automatically open the movie and play it fullscreen. This way the teachers could just turn on their television to watch our newscast after opening that .bat file.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:50 AM   #2
kainjow
Moderator emeritus

If it's on Windows, you could try making a .htm that <embeds> the wmv. Then it'll open in their browser and start playing. Should work on Macs too.
kainjow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:59 AM   #3
Texas04
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Texas04
Quote:
Originally Posted by kainjow View Post
If it's on Windows, you could try making a .htm that <embeds> the wmv. Then it'll open in their browser and start playing. Should work on Macs too.
Wow.. I know all about this but I never actually thought about just posting a link... Well now don't I just feel stupid.. lol.

Alright off to design a nice e-mail that will send it. Thanks!

(but I am still curious about the .bat file) if anyone knows how to create it!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming