Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well our Video Program was thinking of ideas on how to get more people to watch our monthly newscast. I had an idea that we could put our newscast as a file on the schools server and have people click a "link" in their e-mail to open up the file.
The path to the movie file would always be the same T:\CKS10340\jvtv.wmv
(It has to be .wmv or .avi in order for the Windows computers to work)

My Question:
I know that there is a .bat type of file that can auto-open files. I was wondering if there was a code out there that I could put in a .bat file that would automatically open the movie and play it fullscreen. This way the teachers could just turn on their television to watch our newscast after opening that .bat file.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
If it's on Windows, you could try making a .htm that <embeds> the wmv. Then it'll open in their browser and start playing. Should work on Macs too.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
If it's on Windows, you could try making a .htm that <embeds> the wmv. Then it'll open in their browser and start playing. Should work on Macs too.
Wow.. I know all about this but I never actually thought about just posting a link... Well now don't I just feel stupid.. :rolleyes: lol.

Alright off to design a nice e-mail that will send it. Thanks!

(but I am still curious about the .bat file) if anyone knows how to create it! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.