Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I just love the look of the g4 imac "lamp" models. Is there anywhere that people still have these suckers other then craigslist?

I usually see them around $300. I'm only buying it for looks, but it has to work and look mint. I'll just run iTunes or something on it.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I'm really not a big fan of eBay as a buyer these days, because it seems like I'm getting screwed constantly.

Still, there are some that have the right price, so I'll check out the sellers.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
I'm really not a big fan of eBay as a buyer these days, because it seems like I'm getting screwed constantly.

Still, there are some that have the right price, so I'll check out the sellers.

Well, unless you want to pay ridiculous money to online retailers who want $500 for an 800MHz G4...

macjay

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2003
I recommend buying one locally. If it is to be shipped make sure it's in the original box + packaging.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
I don't know what specs/price you're looking for, but here is one option I came across today. link

i would be weary of that one... it isn't too fast, only 15" display, and it doesn't come with system disks.

Look for something 1GHz or greater, and try to get something with a 17" display. I've heard the 20"ers are a bit stiff, but my 17" was very smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.