Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Analyst Ben Reitzes with UBS Investment Research published (via Appleinsider) another research report this week with a couple of new predictions about Apple.

- "We believe Apple is likely to hold another event by April or May to launch Leopard and/or other new Mac products (models with larger displays at least)"

- "Apple may push iPhone technology into other products, including Macs next year and more 'ultra-portable' devices that can bridge the gap between media playing, basic wireless computing needs and even eventually some type of gaming and GPS capabilities."

In recent years, analyst reports have increasingly been the source of predictions about upcoming Apple products, though their accuracy has been very poor.

Benjamin Reitzes predictions (and his peers) are being tracked in our Guide pages.

alec

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
Washington DC
Another analyst speculating about make-believe future devices. Didn't we have an article just a few days ago stating that Apple was going to concentrate on the existing product line??

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
If Apple announces an event, then Ben can report that. Till then he got squat.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I sure hope this happens. As I've mentioned before, if they increase the drive space in the iPhone and remove the phone and the 3G/GPRS/EDGE/whatever that's in there (leaving the wi-fi, of course) I'll buy one. iNewton, anyone :D

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
That Guide tracking analyst success rates is great. (But why no Enderle? He's in charge of a whole GROUP of analysts :) )

In general terms I agree that hardware ready shortly before Leopard would be delayed for Leopard and come out at the same time or soon after.

I think it's possible that even APPLE doesn't know yet exactly when Leopard will be ready. Work may still be incomplete on certain things.

LostPacket

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2003
Canada, eh
I think they'll add multi-touch functionality to the trackpads of the next 'Books (i.e. zooming in/out, custom buttons, etc). Now if only I was an analyst...

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
Tortora was the wors of all the analysts, that guy just pulls things out of his glutious maximus. At least some of the other analysts have guesed at least one thing right.

chubad

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Frozen Wasteland
The sad thing is that these guys make well into 6 figures to spew this stuff. Where do I apply?:confused:

Leopard will include iLife and iwork and be priced at $159.00:eek:

You guys now owe me $100,000. Just send it to my paypal account.:D

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
apple security

Well I guess apple security is working well and overtime--no one knows squat. Maybe we should put steve jobs in charge of homeland security? :D

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Secret Features = Google?

During a mid-afternoon session in the back stall at work yesterday, I read something in the WSJ about Google's threat to MS based on their new suite of online office-type apps: mail, spread sheet, word processing, etc.

Made me wonder if one of the secret features in Leopard has something to do with Google... possible implementation of these new Google tools in Safari and/or Finder? I know, random. Wacky.

Any of you beta boys/girls out there know if something like this could be hidden from you, thus far?

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il

At this rate Leopard will HAVE to include iLife. I'm hoping the drop the year-style naming convention for iLife ('06, '07, etc.) as it wouldn't make sense to introduce iLife 2007 1/4 of the way through the year.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
The sad thing is that these guys make well into 6 figures to spew this stuff. Where do I apply?:confused:
Maddening isn't it? The irony is that their clients could get better information for free by watching this site.

I've been wondering how far Apple will go with their "everything's included" policy. Including Front Row was a no-brainer, but anything else?

chubad

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Frozen Wasteland
At this rate Leopard will HAVE to include iLife. I'm hoping the drop the year-style naming convention for iLife ('06, '07, etc.) as it wouldn't make sense to introduce iLife 2007 1/4 of the way through the year.

Yup. It would be pretty silly to introduce iLife 07 in June. I seriously think that it will be included in Leopard. I don't think, however that Apple will include it with out increasing the price. It will still be a bargin, but I highly doubt they would give up all the cash that selling iLife over and over to everyone has generated.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wow, thanks Captain Obvious.

"And this year, Apple will continue selling iPods, and making money from them." Someone check his crystal ball. I think it's just getting RSS feeds from MacRumours.

WillGonz

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2005
How much does this Analyst make?

I predict Apple will bring out something new in the next 6 months.

nsjoker

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2005
Miami, Fl
Any moron can predict this. This is eventually where all tech companies will go. More portable devices with basic wireless computing needs? Duh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.