Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poll: Is you computer connected wirelessly to the internet?

• Yes

Votes: 108 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 16.9%

• Total voters

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
You are were too quick to answer ;)

Quick like a fox.

I loves me some WiFi, can't live without it. I even bought a WiFi router for my regular coffee shop so I could surf on my breaks :) and I know where I can get a signal at 2am within a short walk from home to check MR and emails :D

eXan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Quick like a fox.

I loves me some WiFi, can't live without it. I even bought a WiFi router for my regular coffee shop so I could surf on my breaks :) and I know where I can get a signal at 2am within a short walk from home to check MR and emails :D

Heh, we got AirPort relatevely recently, when installed unlimited DSL. Now when we usually have 2-4 computers at home its not a problem to get online. Also, since I got MacBook its prety cool to go online from anywere in the apartments :) Laying on the sofa now BTW :D

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
It could be (I have a wireless router boxed up somewhere) but my computer is only 6 feet from the cable modem, so I just decided to use the ethernet cable they gave me.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
No. I connect to the LAN wirelessly and then to the Internet over DSL.

Ahhhh....getting technically correct, are we? :p

I also have a wireless router at home, which connects to the intarwebz using a cable modem. Although, when the cable modem goes out (which is more often than it should.....f*ck you Charter), I tether through my phone, which is wireless (well, it's wireless until it hits the tower at least)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.