Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Hello there.

I was wondering if anybody could help me with a little problem im having.

I recently bought a new Hard Drive for my MDD 1.25DP Mac. Its a 120GB Maxtor Drive. I put it into one of the internal bays in the machine but yet it wont show up on the desktop. I have no idea what the problem is. I have the pin settings on slave so i should work. Maybe its not in the right bay, do they have to be in order?

Help, i need more space.....
Thanks

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
When I got my 120 gig seagate I just had to go to disk utility in my utilities folder, no need to boot off the cd.

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
Re: MDD Hard Drive

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hello there.

I was wondering if anybody could help me with a little problem im having.

I recently bought a new Hard Drive for my MDD 1.25DP Mac. Its a 120GB Maxtor Drive. I put it into one of the internal bays in the machine but yet it wont show up on the desktop. I have no idea what the problem is. I have the pin settings on slave so i should work. Maybe its not in the right bay, do they have to be in order?

Help, i need more space.....
Thanks

If it is set on slave then the positioning does matter. It has to be at the middle plug on the ribbon. Your Best bet is to put it on cable select then it checks which port on the cable it is on before setting the mode. Then end port on the ribbon is master and the middle one is slave, it matters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.