Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macomposer

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2002
The new Safari seems (so far) to be indistinguishable from the most recent beta. No problems or obvious improvements as of yet.

While I am here, a big shout out to the MacRumors & Chaosmint folks for doing such a nice job with keynote coverage today. Well done, folks.

dialectro

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2003
Boulder, CO
Still has some problems

According to MacFixit, it still has compatability problems, especially with some banking sites...
Hopefully there will be a quick update.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
the bug icon is still there on mine

View>Bug
Yep. Looks like they made the default view not to include the bug icon...to make this release of Safari appear perfect. Though I'm happy, IE is staying in my Apps folder for some time to come!!

rhunter007

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2003
Fonts and the slows

My fonts on Safari seem totally different. It seems like they changed the default font.

Also, on my iBook 500 MHz, Safari seems to run significantly slower than it did before I upgraded to the 1.0.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Fonts

Apple switched their font resolution to the standard 96ppi from the old Mac 76ppi.

The fonts are now more similar in size to those in other browsers. :)

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Originally posted by Keith Purfield
They fixed the font problems (they were always smaller), and they fixed the Google Image Search bug, from what I can see.

I now have the font problem. Never had it before v 1.0. :rolleyes:

yatyk

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2003
SSL Proxy Still Broken

Hmmmmm.......Still not gold in my book. Since the first Safari was released I have not been able to use it behind my corporate firewall (Stock Apache Proxy).

Too bad. Love the browser, but is unusable for me. :(

Anyone else with the same problem?

fabsgwu

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
Washington, DC
fixed alert messages

when working in tabs and loading more than one page, if there was an error in another tab, the page behind used to come to the front, now it just displays a (!).

Overall seems to be running/loading faster for me
>>800 MHz G4, 768Mb RAM<<

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
the bug icon is still there on mine

View>Bug

Originally posted by Wonder Boy
yes there is.

Ok, well, its not there by default, at least it wasn't on my install. Sorry I wasn't clear enough, also I was being really sarcastic when I said real big difference. I know its hard to come across as sarcastic in text on screen. Anyway, can't wait for August and my new dual 2gig g5.

Peas,

Delta-9

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2003
PA
Originally posted by e-coli
I now have the font problem. Never had it before v 1.0. :rolleyes:

They changed the default font from "Lucida Grande 14" to "Times 16" (i think)

If you don't like the new font, change it back to "Lucida Grande 14pt"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.