Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
New higher quality music? YAY!

It shows up on the Windows machine I'm using until WWDC.

Now where's this DRM-free music?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases iTunes 7.2, Launches iTunes Plus (DRM Free)

Apple released iTunes 7.2 updated in the Mac OS X Software Update tonight, which offers "iTunes Plus", Apple's new DRM-free $1.29 offerings
With iTunes 7.2, preview and purchase iTunes Plus music—new higher-quality, DRM-free music downloads from participating music labels.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
About time... now to buy some new tunes, I haven't been buying iTunes stuff until this anouncement :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Hmm, not showing up in SU for me but I'm downloading it from apple.co.nz successfully. Hopefully, since albums are the same price, they'll offer free upgrades :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
looks like the software update preceded the official announcement. I would expect an official launch in the AM.

arn

BayAreaMacFan

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
Nothing has changed overtly from what I can see. Since they released it so late in the day, it was probably meant to be downloaded tomorrow along with the release of the EMI deal most likely during Steve's keynote. Either way, this is great news.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Well, not much difference so far...

Hope they've ironed out the few small annoyances, like the "screeching" Crossfade Playback bug...

PS! It showed up nicely in my SU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.