Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Obligatory Fake/Real Poll

• Fake

Votes: 261 77.4%
  • Real

Votes: 34 10.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 42 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

And what would an Apple event be without the required Spy Shot... this time not in an elevator, however. The backstory to this dubious shot is that it was obtained by camera phone in the WWDC main event hall when this slide was shown on the screen.

applewwdcgf7.jpg

The photo is posted for speculation and entertainment purposes only. Few purported "spy shots" have ever been legitimate.

The photo was posted on an imageshack.us account.

bubba451

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
Programmable LCD keyboard, huh?

Some one's been dreaming, and otherwise has a lot of free time on his hands.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
why would apple create a slide that looked like this. it would look nothing like any of the other ones.. cheesy.

sartinsauce

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
Los Angeles
It's a bunch of poo-poo. Someone thinks these are specs for an ultra-portable. Someone's dream specs more likely. A boring slide too.

Nice try.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Um, I'd buy one. Hard to believe it would be 3G and the iPhone only "tuned-up" EDGE. But still, fingers crossed.

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
awww, not all that exciting. but i'm getting anxious for WWDC nonetheless.

huh? Though I cannot really read or understand the last two features, this looks super cool. (Maybe I'm being obtuse but what's a programmable LCD keyboard? Like the optimus thing??)

The last one seems to list 3G, *something*, then 802.11x. Can't read the something in the middle though.

EDIT: I'm realizng the 120GB drive is a big reason to think its fake. Why would a faker make that up though? Perhaps they are faked specs that apple was using on purpose so others in the room wouldn't get the full lowdown? Hrmm...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
huh? Though I cannot really read or understand the last two features, this looks super cool. (Maybe I'm being obtuse but what's a programmable LCD keyboard? Like the optimus thing??)

The last one seems to list 3G, *something*, then 802.11x. Can't read the something in the middle though.

not exciting because its not plausible at all. something a bit more realistic would get me on edge. :p ;)

arnette

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2002
Manhattan Beach
Bs

Don't believe it. 120GB Flash Drive? How freakin' expensive would THAT be??!!

Looks like a bored student at university had fun with an empty lecture hall and it's projector system.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
it actually does look liek an apple slide. Ultraportable hehe, cant wait to see how this threead continues on

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
FAKE!!! That screen looks WAY smaller than the one at Moscone West. Also the font is wrong. And it's green? And the spacing is wrong.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
lets give it up to page 2! lol
so who could afford this 120 gb flash drive....i must say i did get really excited for o-- maybe 3 seconds at the most ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.