Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:15 AM   #1
synthetickittie
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boston
Send a message via AIM to synthetickittie
Wait or buy 17?

I'll be starting college in September (freshmen) and wanted a 17inch powerbook to not be confined to my dorm room to do work and right now I donít have a laptop at all. If it makes any difference my major, well actually Iím having two majors, math and computer science. I will also be getting airport extreme for it. Now should I wait another month to see if they update it or just buy now? Basically I donít NEED it right now, of course it would be nice to have and use but my question isÖ is there any possible thing that I could benefit from that could be updated to the powerbooks within the next 2 months?
synthetickittie is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:34 AM   #2
iJon
macrumors 604
 
iJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
something could possibly happen during then. according to macrumors buying plan as well as apple's usualy product timeline you may be in luck. i would just recommend buying it when you need it. the 17" right now is a fantastic laptop.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2003, 12:21 PM   #3
Kwyjibo
macrumors 68040
 
Kwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
ok...you've obviously waited this long I would hold off for a few more months..i'm gonna be a freshman and I bought my iBook last november and I love it ....but i would wait until the line is upgraded honestly so you get more machine for your $$...you also gain the benefits of a rev b from a rev A which is always nice...and you said you don't need it so maybe ask again if it hasn't been updated by august but hold off until atleast then.
Kwyjibo is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2003, 02:42 PM   #4
nspeds
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Send a message via AIM to nspeds
I think you should buy it if you don't care for minor speed increments in the G4 line/15 inch update. When I found out there wouldn't be any G5 PBs for a while, i bought it=D.
nspeds is offline   0
Old Jul 4, 2003, 10:16 AM   #5
iEric
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
wait till September...cause you never know what Apple might do in 2 months. and if you buy it now, and they change something, u'd might get :@
__________________

13" MPA, 1.8 Ghz i7; TBD; 32 GB iPhone 4
iEric is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I buy now or wait? eliteeli MacBook Air 7 Feb 20, 2014 02:22 PM
Buy or wait? JoEw MacBook Air 16 Dec 12, 2012 11:03 PM
buy now or wait? jetlagged MacBook Pro 4 Nov 13, 2012 12:57 PM
Buy now or wait for ML??? GREEN4U MacBook Air 23 Jul 17, 2012 02:21 PM
Buy now or wait? Liquinn iPad 15 Jun 28, 2012 12:33 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC