Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:15 AM   #1
synthetickittie
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to synthetickittie
Wait or buy 17?

I'll be starting college in September (freshmen) and wanted a 17inch powerbook to not be confined to my dorm room to do work and right now I donít have a laptop at all. If it makes any difference my major, well actually Iím having two majors, math and computer science. I will also be getting airport extreme for it. Now should I wait another month to see if they update it or just buy now? Basically I donít NEED it right now, of course it would be nice to have and use but my question isÖ is there any possible thing that I could benefit from that could be updated to the powerbooks within the next 2 months?
synthetickittie is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:34 AM   #2
iJon
macrumors 604

something could possibly happen during then. according to macrumors buying plan as well as apple's usualy product timeline you may be in luck. i would just recommend buying it when you need it. the 17" right now is a fantastic laptop.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:21 AM   #3
Kwyjibo
macrumors 68040

ok...you've obviously waited this long I would hold off for a few more months..i'm gonna be a freshman and I bought my iBook last november and I love it ....but i would wait until the line is upgraded honestly so you get more machine for your $$...you also gain the benefits of a rev b from a rev A which is always nice...and you said you don't need it so maybe ask again if it hasn't been updated by august but hold off until atleast then.
Kwyjibo is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2003, 01:42 PM   #4
nspeds
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to nspeds
I think you should buy it if you don't care for minor speed increments in the G4 line/15 inch update. When I found out there wouldn't be any G5 PBs for a while, i bought it=D.
nspeds is offline   0
Old Jul 4, 2003, 09:16 AM   #5
iEric
macrumors 6502a

wait till September...cause you never know what Apple might do in 2 months. and if you buy it now, and they change something, u'd might get :@

13" MPA, 1.8 Ghz i7; TBD; 32 GB iPhone 4
iEric is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers