Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ash

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
That article was just posted. Seems pretty legit.

I can't believe they are not going to drop the price on the bigger iPod. I think that $500 is pushing it.

It also says that Apple is introducing the new faster Superdrives that Pioneer announced today.

- Ash

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
That IS the most reasonable assumption.

Of course, it's all MBE untill Steve-o is off the stage.

(That's: Male Bovine Excrement):D

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
its not really confirmed yet....so you never know...but...I think I believe it...not the 23" monitor...there's a 22....thats weird

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
okay i can believe/understand the ipod upgrade etc. but i dont understand this whole 23" monitor deal. there is already a 22"...why make it one inch bigger? i dont get it.

OSUbuckeyefan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by krossfyter
okay i can believe/understand the ipod upgrade etc. but i dont understand this whole 23" monitor deal. there is already a 22"...why make it one inch bigger? i dont get it.
a one-inch increase for an already large monitor produces a pretty good deal of extra surface area...:)

OSUbuckeyefan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by dualburn001

are they gonna put the price for the 22 inch at 2000 then since it's like that with the rebate anyway?

That seems reasonable - but what about discontinuing the 22 in. altogether. Seems unlikely that they will have a 22 and 23 in simultaneously...

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I would be more inclined to believe that Apple would release a 18.1-19" LCD screen, not a 23". They could price it out at about $1300-$1500 and sell lots of them.

I would love to have the equalizer feature added to my iPod, and I heard things about that before.

As for the new price for the iPod, I certainly hope that they keep making the 5GB model. Maybe even drop it by $50-$100? That way people who don't have as much money can still get the iPod. I love mine and use it every day.

Opps, my bad.. they posted the 23" LCD, and the prices for the new iPod.. old one stays at $399, new one is $499.

The iTunes and iPod updates are SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! :D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
the iPod was almost a given...with the announcement of 1.8" 10 gig hds anyway...

the 22" Cinema Display is already a monster...and yes 23" is bigger....but I can't imagine them having both....it wouldn't make much sense....especially if they are priced comparitively...

imspace2

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2001
Maryland
What the hell $500 for the 10gig iPOD whatever how much does the HD cost I'm sure we can hack it into the 5gig version

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Originally posted by eyelikeart
the iPod was almost a given...with the announcement of 1.8" 10 gig hds anyway...

the 22" Cinema Display is already a monster...and yes 23" is bigger....but I can't imagine them having both....it wouldn't make much sense....especially if they are priced comparitively...

Unless they price the larger one more.. by oh, say, $1,000... oh, look.. they did. That's an expensive inch... but the 24" Samsung is $1,000 more than the 23" Apple.. so I guess a grand an inch is standard at that size.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Oh THANK GOD!!

I was SO afraid they'd price the 10 gig at $399 and drop the price of the 5 gig to $299 or something... I would have been SO PISSED especially since I just bought mine less than a month ago... thank God. :D

(And tough luck for you guys who were hoping for an iPod price drop! Maybe next year! :rolleyes: )

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by imspace2
What the hell $500 for the 10gig iPOD whatever how much does the HD cost I'm sure we can hack it into the 5gig version

Sure, if you feel like voiding the warranty (go for it after it expires though). What would you do with the 5GB that you pulled out of it?????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.