Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 13, 2003, 01:39 AM   #1
kungfu
macrumors regular

keyboard/mouse connect images in panther!?

I was browsing aimlessly through various system files in panther, and I happened to find an interesting folder of images. most of the images in the folder were ones i had already seen -- you know the images that show up when you adjust the brightness or volume via the keyboard? well there were some others that i had never seen before.. several look like placeholders, but they read:

kbdConnect.png reads "Keyboard connect image"

kbdDisconnect.png reads "Keyboard disconnect image"

and the same for mouseConnect.png/mouseDisconnect.png

Would this have anything to do with connecting wireless mice/keyboards?

I resaved one of the pics as a jpeg so you can see....
Attached Images

kungfu is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2003, 01:40 AM   #2
kungfu
macrumors regular

hmm.. that jpeg didn't show up as it should have... i'll post the actual png.
Attached Images

kungfu is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2003, 06:50 AM   #3
AngryAngel
macrumors regular

Yes, this looks like more convincing evidence. Combined with the Apple Store description of "wired" on the current models, I think we'll definately be getting a wireless mouse and keyboard.

The only question is whether the G5 will ship with the current wired ones, or get a new 'pro' style wired set, or ship with the news wireless ones.

I doubt that the wireless ones will be standard, so I think there will be a new Al style pro wired set for the G5.

I think the wireless keyboard and mouse may take a few design hints from the G5, but still be basically a white design, so that consumers (which will make up the majority of wireless buyers, I would assume) will have something that matches their iMac/eMac/iBook.
AngryAngel is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2003, 09:25 AM   #4
Arnel
macrumors member

Bluetooth is still only optional on the PowerMac G5s, so you can be sure that it won't ship with a wireless keyboard and mouse as standard...

Neil.
a.k.a. Arnel
Arnel is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers