Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
hey girls/guys.
any commands or programs that will allow me to automatically refresh any webpage that im currently viewing?? say for like my emails or forums or mypsace or something...

cheers

Hooroo

freeflydrew

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2004
ny
I wanted to do this with my webmail, so filters that I set up would run every minute and get rid of the spam... You would replace "my webmail webpage" with which ever site you wanted. Save the html file on your computer then bookmark it.

Here's the code:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>My Webmail Auto Refresh</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="10,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="EmailRefreshBackground.htm" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>
<frame src="my webmail website" name="mainFrame">
</frameset>
<noframes><body>
</body></noframes>
</html>

cxc4u

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2010
big kudos to freeflydrew for your code! I love that this is brower-agnostic, super simple, and useful for people stuck with old webmail sites! automatic refresh functionality of sites should really be baked into the browser, but oh well...

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Wirelessly posted (nokia e63: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE63-1/100.21.110; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

cxc4u said:
big kudos to freeflydrew for your code! I love that this is brower-agnostic, super simple, and useful for people stuck with old webmail sites! automatic refresh functionality of sites should really be baked into the browser, but oh well...

im glad that it helped somebody out ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.